Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is my son's, who rescued it from this kid who did things to this car I will never understand. 6 months ago, the power window (passenger side only) started slowing down with each use. We stopped using it while it was up, and this weekend replaced the motor. Now we've discovered that there is no power to the passenger door at all, speakers, power door locks, side view mirror and the window, they've all stopped working. All the fuses are good, I just wanted to see if there's a next step before we take for thousands of dollars in repairs that we'll have to put off until he save up the money. There's no way to know for sure every blasphemous mod the previous owner committed against this poor car, but I'm itching to get into the electrical and hopefully locate the source of this issue. Any help, ideas, even a staring point is welcome. Just plz, no motivational quotes with pictures of cats hanging from tree limbs. ;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Modules love to fail. I found one in my car that sits on top of the fuel pump hatch; 'Fuel sending unit' (After it randomly just died at my friends) had literally burnt a hole THROUGH itself and leaked its 'guts' everywhere. I'm surprised and it had done it; it came close to fusing itself to the top of the fuel pump hatch...modules are the bane of our existence at work. Try there, or see if the prior kid 'ghetto rigged' some wiring together somewhere? Hook a nice scan tool to it and see if you get any open circuits or codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts