Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just bought my GTI "which i love by the way" got 2K plus miles and one day i started up and it seemed to feel a little sluggish and it still continues to feel this way after 2 days, now im getting worried. anyone have any suggestions ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm iv been using the most expensive gas think its the 91 oil is fine i don't know it just feels like somethings slowing it down usually in second its rips and now it just feels a little week in every gear i have no mods.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
the faster you go the more the turbo starts to hate you ;D. you get the hardest pull in 2nd and 3rd... after that its nothing toooo exciting ::)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahaha yeah thats exactly what i thought to .. everyone keeps telling me your probably just getting used to driving stick and used to how the the car runs .. i treat eggo "gti" like my baby so the slightest little change will freak me out hahha but thanks guys thats probably what it is

·
Registered
446 Posts
Check your break calibers when I first got the car they were locked up and it was fast than all of a sudden felt slower took some lady behind me screaming that smoke was coming from my tires to realize what was going on drove like that for a few days before that happened to. Just feel your rim after you drive it some place I touched mine and burnt a hole in my finger still do not have feeling in the tip. Probably not what is wrong but could be figure I would let you know. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
nope checked like every two seconds when it was acting like that, thats what they said when i called when that lady yelled at me for the smoke. brought it in and they said had defective parts and it was not the E-brake. wierd but they fixed it and it has not been a problem sence good for 9,899 miles so far

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
OBEYsteve said:
I recently just bought my GTI "which i love by the way" got 2K plus miles and one day i started up and it seemed to feel a little sluggish and it still continues to feel this way after 2 days, now im getting worried. anyone have any suggestions ?
lemme guess you have dsg. you car feels slow because you don't lt it warm up properly. before you drive it hard, just start the car let it idle a little bit. then its gunna pull. also, after u drive it hard, let your car idle for about a minute or two. it allows coolant to flow to the turbo, nd it helps preserve its life.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no i have a 6 speed =] and yeah everything is fine i just think i got used to how the car runs yeah i always let idle on start for about 2 mins then after for about 2 mins shutting off

·
Registered
280 Posts
I thought my car was acting slow ever since I unplugged my bat and had to eventually run APR's TBA program. I flipped her back to stock, took her around the city a bit, then put it back on the 93 octane program. I'm grateful again! >:D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Just thought I'd throw this in here, but VW recommends that immediately after you start the car, you should begin driving.... The manual says it cuts down on emissions...

·
Registered
197 Posts
well makes sense that it cuts down in emissions. your not wasting gas idling there... well.
i did the same thing, put it in it's stock program for a few days then back to chipped . made me smile... my dv is crapping on me though.
go rice.. i mean race some mustang.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there.

It might be you are getting used to the speed and pull of the car, but i have another possibility you can try out, did you check you tires? this is what might happen, your tires are worn out and when you try to accelerate, the anti slip control will control you acceleration to not let your tires slip, that was what happened to my baby. changed new tires on it and now its fast and furious agian, lol. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know that everyone has said this like a good 20 times now, but I am just going to make sure. I had the same "issue"...I guess you can call it that. I was just getting used to how the car pulls, it kinda seems like there is no torque now, but the only reason is that your body is getting used to those G's. I know that you are not pulling 4 G's or anything, but you can still feel it for the first week especially, and then you start to get used to it. Get some mods and I am pretty sure that feeling will be back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
also, as to running the car in idle before you turn it off... like a turbo timer would do... this is not necessary because apparently the oil will still continue to be pumped through the turbo until it has cooled down, even after the engine has been shut off or so says my VW mechanic. so no timer necessary.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.