My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my fast today ;D but it looks like it was in a knife fight in downtown chi town. it has a mark from ear down to his paw than up to his smile???

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah, mine did too. I thought about whining about it to VW, but then dicided the more hardcore look was probably better, and doubted they would really care anyway.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
mine has the scratch too. he always tells me how he was driving his last GTI down the road at 200+ mph and saw a cop car so he tried to turn a corer too fast and flipped (thats why his face is scared)... and he also got his license taken away and imprisoned in a box. and after years of being in solitary confinement he was sent out to fellow GTI drivers to be unleased!!... he is kind of like a genie except every time you floor yer GTI yer wish comes true >:D

·
Registered
261 Posts
GTI MKV said:
mine has the scratch too. he always tells me how he was driving his last GTI down the road at 200+ mph and saw a cop car so he tried to turn a corer too fast and flipped (thats why his face is scared)... and he also got his license taken away and imprisoned in a box. and after years of being in solitary confinement he was sent out to fellow GTI drivers to be unleased!!... he is kind of like a genie except every time you floor yer GTI yer wish comes true >:D
I like the way you think..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I guess really needed some spice in my life ...received MY FAST about 4 months after I purchased my MKV ..only to have a second arrive a week later!

·
Registered
169 Posts
How long did it take for you guys to get your fast. I have had my MKV for a little over a month and i still haven't gotten mine, My dealer said that they would ship it in like 2 weeks or something from when i bought it but still nothing. Wondering if i should call the dealer on this.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i would call the dealer. you will probably get 2 if you call them. and if yer lucky one will be a male and the other will be a female... make little fast babies 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I finally got mine last week and it also has the scar face. Do I remember someone telling me they got $200-$300 for their fast on ebay? I really have no use for it and would sell it for that much in a second...

·
Registered
25 Posts
As far as I know, the only way to get one is with the purchase of a new gti. You can also check ebay as there might be one listed here shortly :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
My Fast came a month and a half after the purchase of my GTI. It had the same 'scar' as the other ones. What's the deal with that!?!? I should call up and ask for a new Fast. If you got a brand new GTI and it had a big ass scratch in it, you would want a new one...right?

Another question....everybody knows that letter that came with with their fast? You know what I'm talking about. The one that said 'This is your fast....make sure it gets plenty of exercise.' There were only six hundred Fasts produced....right? Well, on the top left of the letter there is a small barcode. To the left of that barcode there is a number. My number reads 591. Does this number corespond to the first six hundred GTI's purchased. Does anybody have a number over six hundred? Or do all the letters have the same 591 next to the barcode? Thoughts?

·
Registered
300 Posts
OK, I went back and found that letter. There is no bacode on the top left corner. In the lower right corner there is a "140".

I purchased the GTI in the beginning of March, FWIW. I don't think those numbers mean anything, though, because they are selling thousands of GTIs in the US, and everyone seems to be getting a fast. 12,125 as of the end of october.

details found here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-01-2006/0004464666&EDATE=

(GTI singled out at bottom)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts