at 100mph+
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Shoot for thrill and Highway to hell - AC/DC
Hit That and Original Prankster - Offspring
Born to be wild - Steppenwolf

·
Registered
146 Posts
I keep the audio turned off when on the track, need to hear the engine when pushing it that hard. Otherwise:

Ministry- Every Day is Halloween; good song for running canyons
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Californication; Freeway cruising (especially in the Mts.)
Beck- Loser; hitting the Blvd

Just to name a few. I make CDs to coincide with where I'll be driving and what kind of mood I'm in. For commuting I just listen to the satellite radio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bad Habit/Hit That/Come out and Play- The Offspring
Feuer Frei- Rammstein
Peace Frog- The Doors
99 Red Balloons- Goldfinger
Step Up- Drowning Pool
Remedy- Seether

I have these along with around 30 other songs under a playlist title
.:R Music on my iPod, just hook it in the adapter and crank up the volume.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Pretty much anything Chimaira has ever recorded, Soilwork has some good stuff as well. Some of the faster Nightwish songs, Strapping Young Lad... Essentially anything with a 400 or so BPM kick roll is good for around town traffic driving.

For road trips Journey, Foreigner, and Pantera are all awesome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hmmmm. let's see. Anything Rammstein...you just can't help but feel cool listening to them driving a german car. Fear Factory, Static-X, Mudvayne and a whole lot of other hard stuff......but most of all the pure unadulterated sound of my Remus! 8)

·
Registered
857 Posts
ive noticed that driving with some kind of techno music is the best when going very fast. funny thing is though i dont enjoy techno when im not in the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK, here is a spread for you in the 6-disc changer...

Brooks & Dunn
New Bon Jovi
Montgomery-Gentry
Santana
Music from broadway The Phantom of The Opera
Allman Brothers....

zoooooooooooooooom............

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Short list:

Minutemen
Superchunk
fIREHOSE
Kyuss
Clutch
Tool

Keeps me going even when I'd like to pull other drivers on the freeway out of their cars by the neck and strangle them. :)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
This post reminds me to burn a CD full of MP3s for when I pick up my car on Thursday and go on a 400 mile joy ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
nice, PMAZ I thought Kyuss was quite unknown. I love to drive to:
Pantera(very fast and angry^^), Kyuss(fast), Nirvana(fast), Monster Magnet(fast), Lenny Kravitz(slow), Jack Johnson(very slow) ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
10bv01 said:
ive noticed that driving with some kind of techno music is the best when going very fast. funny thing is though i dont enjoy techno when im not in the car.
I second that. I think the reason behind this is because it accelerates to top speed, much like a car, and stays there. Personally, I enjoy driving with Antonio Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" the most.

...Yeah, classical music ;D. You guys with all your nu-metal and stuff make me feel old (and I'm only 18 :eek:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Offspring kicks all ass!!!
Track 3 on the Smash album is called Bad Habit and it's all about road rage. No better song to listen to when your having a "stupid driver" day while commuting.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I like to listen to the Need for Speed: Most Wanted soundtrack when I'm driving. Reminds me of driving a tricked out GTI in game, running from cops and shit.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thalo said:
I like to listen to the Need for Speed: Most Wanted soundtrack when I'm driving. Reminds me of driving a tricked out GTI in game, running from cops and shit.
I really miss playing need for speed. A couple years ago I had a setup with the big screen, a chair that was like a driver's seat, mounted steering wheel/shifter and footpedals and a surround sound system. The chair got trashed, and the rest disappeared when we moved into our new house. :mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts