Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not evensure if this is the correct place to post this, but i had a quick question for anyone who could help me....i have a 2006 MV gti with 11k miles. The other day while i was driving i heard this loud humming sound comming from under my hood, it almost sounded like a fan running or somethin.. i was concerened cuz i didn't have the air conditioning on or anything. anyone ever have this? Should i be concerened? Thankx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its mainly while i am driving. It never seemed to make that noise before. I just noticed it in the past week.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Not that this is the same as your problem, but just another observation. A couple weeks ago, I heard a sort of grinding noise coming from my engine bay. It sounded metallic from inside the car, but I later learned that it was just plastic on plastic. Turned out the upper half of the air intake shroud (front left engine bay, before the inlet reduces into the intake tube) had come off, fell down, and got wedged between the engine and the electric fan. Burned the itnake shroud pretty good but luckily no damage to the fan. I'm not concerned about the shroud since I have P-Flow installed. I'll get it replaced the next time I take the intake off for service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts