Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the VW dealer in Santa Monica (Ca) and they had a brand new Fahrenheit GTI that still had all the tape and stuff on it outside...then they test drove it. I have to say, after seeing it in person, I have a whole new admiration for those. When I saw the picture of it on VW.com I was totally turned off, now I'm reassessing my attitude...just WOW.

anyone else seen one in person yet?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I just saw one the other day. I've got to say it looks nice. I was at TGIFridays and as I was leaving I noticed a Fahrenheit parked right next to me. I really like the rims, but I like my tornado red. I had a yellow car before my GTI and I'm done with uncommon colors.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Performance Specs are the same.. altho I heard it will have the original Euro suspension we were SUPPOSED to get. Other than that its badges, stitching, color and rims

·
Registered
89 Posts
its very nice saw it here in the toronto auto show... colour is nice the customization sets it apart from the other mkv's on the road.. but like lets b honest here for that extra money only a colour and some badges :( ill stick with my gti and use extra cash on it elsewhere :( my personal opinion , but its defentely nice if u dont mind spendin a lil more , and it only comes in dsg right?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I was visiting my service department here at Antelope Valley VW and saw they have two Fahrenheits. I must admit, it looks a lot better in the Orange color than I thought from the pictures, but I can't say I like the interior all that much. The stitching and some of the details are pretty cool, but the dashboard inserts didn't do anything for me. I do like the wheels though. If I was in the market for a two-door I could see myself getting over the plastic trim and premium price just to have the special edition.

·
Registered
94 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
I was visiting my service department here at Antelope Valley VW and saw they have two Fahrenheits. I must admit, it looks a lot better in the Orange color than I thought from the pictures, but I can't say I like the interior all that much. The stitching and some of the details are pretty cool, but the dashboard inserts didn't do anything for me. I do like the wheels though. If I was in the market for a two-door I could see myself getting over the plastic trim and premium price just to have the special edition.
AHHHH!!! That is my home town. I will be there in 2 weeks, so I will have to make it a point to stop and take a look. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree. It's ugly as hell. Anyone who'd buy an automatic GTI is missing the point if not some limbs...

mofo529 said:
I'm sure I'll get heat for this, but I hate that damn thing.

First, I don't believe in any GTI should be an automatic. There should be one or two for people that only have one leg or one arm. A GTI should always be a manual transmission. VW got it right with the 20th AE and R32 where they were only available in a 6 speed manual.

I saw one this morning when I dropped off my car at the dealer. There's not one thing about that car that I like. I hate the color (and I used to drive an Imola Yellow 20th), hate the wheels, hate the interior, and HATE the DSG.

The color isn't that big of a deal but the fact it's not available in a stick blows my mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my first GTI last monday and it ended up being the Fahrenheit version. The pictures on any website don't do it justice. It really is a good looking car and it stands out from any other GTI in the lot.

I traded my 2000 VW Golf TDI with a manual tranny and a whopping 90 hp. I never thought I'd say this but I'm old enough to prefer an automatic tranny to a standard one, especially during rush hour traffic.

Proud owner of number 1016

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
casey12416 said:
I just bought my first GTI last monday and it ended up being the Fahrenheit version.
;D ended up? almost like you got stuck with it! Congrats tho. Don't bother defending the DSG side of the decision.. to each his own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw one of these in person at the dealership the other day...Personally, I do not like the orange... neither outside nor inside... too loud for my tastes. I bet re-sale will also be a problem... not too many people will buy an orange car. I LOVE the wheels though... almost more than my Huffs.

Also, those who are down on the DSG have no clue! For 20 years, I have always driven a stick... when I test drove the DSG after reading so much about it, I was sold! The best of both worlds. Personally, I hate the "long throw" shifter on the manual GTI's... it's almost like an old Ford truck I had in high school. My BMW had a little stubby shifter that was much faster to shift and felt alot better and more precise. The shifter on the manual GTI is spongey at best.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Marcial said:
I saw one of these in person at the dealership the other day...Personally, I do not like the orange... neither outside nor inside... too loud for my tastes. I bet re-sale will also be a problem... not too many people will buy an orange car. I LOVE the wheels though... almost more than my Huffs.

Also, those who are down on the DSG have no clue! For 20 years, I have always driven a stick... when I test drove the DSG after reading so much about it, I was sold! The best of both worlds. Personally, I hate the "long throw" shifter on the manual GTI's... it's almost like an old Ford truck I had in high school. My BMW had a little stubby shifter that was much faster to shift and felt alot better and more precise. The shifter on the manual GTI is spongey at best.
"long throw"??????

I traded in a 20th AE GTI for the 2006 (biggest mistake I ever made). One of the things that sold me on the 06 was shifter/transmission. It was nice and tight and a really short shift compared to the 20th.
Maybe the one you drove had something wrong with it?

And you can't compare a BMW to a VW. Two totally different vehicles.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts