Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Formula 1 season has finally returned with todays race in Bahrain. I love wathcing these races, although I usually wait for the rebroadcast instead of getting up at 4:30 to watch it live. Anybody else into F1? I tend to be a Mercedes/Mclaren fan since I own an MB and usually root for Juan Pablo Montoya over Kimi since I saw him face to face once at the Denver Grand Prix many moons ago.

·
Registered
857 Posts
yeah, i recently got hooked on the Speed channel, i love watching all the formula 1/ motorcycle/ GT but not nascar

·
Registered
952 Posts
My fav driver is still Alex Zanardi. He has been one of my favorites since 1998, He lost both of his legs at Eurospeedway Lausitz. And he still made a comeback! Fantastic driver!

·
Registered
5 Posts
F1 is awesome. Personally I a a Kimi fan but Juan Pablo is cool. I am just happy kimi made such a comeback from 22'nd to third.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
McLaren has a great package this year... V8's should be cool to watch! (Hopefully they don't explode too many of them!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
F1 is a beautiful sport. Why I bold that is because all other "sports" are a game. Racing is one of the few real sports where your life is put at stake. And not to mention it has a great "soundtrack". After all, the only music you need for racing is the sound of your engine hitting redline, accompanied with the vocals by your exhaust ;D.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

Game: An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime.

Yeah, it's both.

·
Registered
39 Posts
DrJones said:
Sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

Game: An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime.

Yeah, it's both.
You got me :p

I was trying to sound smart and cool like this guy narrating a F1 tribute I saw sometime back.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Naughty, naughty Schumacher... He's lucky the FIA even let him start. Single lap qualifying is what we need!!!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
juice said:
scott speed has no luck ???

juice
I don't think it's just luck that he's lacking...

·
Registered
857 Posts
i agree with PMAZ, although i would love to be all patriotic and cheer for scott speed, he kinda SUCKS compared to the rest of the field.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i missed it earlier today so i am watching it later tonight ( 30 minutes until race time ) i am hoping Alonzo will take out Shumacher (cant spell)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Schumacher does it again, I'd love to see him become the world champion this year. Alonso is just off his game, he's not racing up to par, now is Michael's chance to take advantage of this and run away with the title. Good luck Michael!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts