Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
My dealer told me I could get it right before the current warranty gives out, for an increased price. What is it, like $1500 up front? Then it's about $3k (basically, I remember it being double) to get it just before the end.

I figured it was worth it to wait and see if I was gonna keep it that long, or want to trade it in. If I keep it, I fork out the 3k (I *really* want to avoid owning a new VW without warranty). If I want the newest great thing, the new buyer can figure out the warranty. ;)

He did note that your driving habbits could help make the decision. If you're going to finish your warranty with miles, i.e. you drive way more than 12k a year, you might be better off getting it up front. Me, I drive about 9 - 10k a year, so he suggested I wait.

This is all from the dealer, so take it in knowing that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't drive as much as some people, and the financial guy at the dealership asked me how long I anticipated having the car, and about how many miles/year I would likely put on the car. I told him that I intended it drive it for as long as I could, and he gave me my options. I opted for a plan that would take me up to 7 years, 70,000 miles, and it cost about $1000. Seemed OK to me!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
I fancy myself such a good used car salesman I will probably manage to sell it for over $20K CAD in 3 or so years when the warranty runs out and buy a new one.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top