Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

exhaust system recommendations

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  MKVBUNNY 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new exhaust system for my 2007 MKV and am looking at Milltek, AWE, and APR. Anyone have any info or suggestions? They're all about the same price...any other brands you know of?

#2 ·
check with your local muffler shop for a custom 2.5" tbe. could be cheaper, and with a magnaflow muffler on there, you cant go wrong. plus you can choose the exhaust tip you want. it dont have to be all chrome, its under the car anyway. im gonna do this as soon as i get some cash. i really dont want to pay 12 hundred for something thats only nice looking when you have the car up on a lift.

got a cat back wright now. made by agency power. not too bad, very quet, almost like stock. the fitment is off a little. sucks, since i dont have any way to lift the car yet. thats just my 2 cents.

see what some of the other guys and gals with the mentioned above equipment have to say. in the end, its whatever floats your boat :mad:@:

#5 ·
just make sure if you get a custom exhaust its mendral bent and not crush bent otherwise you will regret it forever. i have an AWE downpipe and greddy catback (2.5" all the way) and i LOVE IT.
the size piping you get really depends on the tuning chip you buy. REVO and APR run better with 3" pipes while GIAC runs best with 2.5" piping...
there is an exhaust discussion that goes over many different point of views and suggestions on what works best. O0

#6 ·
just make sure if you get a custom exhaust its mendral bent and not crush bent otherwise you will regret it forever. i have an AWE downpipe and greddy catback (2.5" all the way) and i LOVE IT.
the size piping you get really depends on the tuning chip you buy. REVO and APR run better with 3" pipes while GIAC runs best with 2.5" piping...
there is an exhaust discussion that goes over many different point of views and suggestions on what works best. O0
Hey GTI MKV how do you like the awe downpipe?? Which one do you have??? The ceramic cat one? Or the metal cat one? I live like 20 min from AWE and talked to the sales guy about it. he strongly recommended the Metal cat version, and said it was an additional 9 whp over the ceramic counterpart. Any advice?

#7 ·
I was looking into AWE. And overall they make a great exhaust and it sounds super good, only problem is is that its freaking expensive!! The whole exhaust setup with cat and dp for the TSI is 1300!!! Milltek is also good too im not sure about their prices. Its all about personal preference too on what sound you like. Personally AWE is what I like. But hey its all up to you and how much you wanna spend

#8 ·
Hey GTI MKV how do you like the awe downpipe?? Which one do you have??? The ceramic cat one? Or the metal cat one? I live like 20 min from AWE and talked to the sales guy about it. he strongly recommended the Metal cat version, and said it was an additional 9 whp over the ceramic counterpart. Any advice?
Metal AWE dp would be awesome, just pricey though. Im hopin to get the whole exhaust setup for christmas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.