Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, this is my first time ever using a forum so bare with me! I recently purchased the new APR RSC Cat-back and installed it yesterday. I love the sound of it except it is not much louder than stock. Any suggestions as to how to keep the same tone but make it louder?

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
The RSC is not meant to be loud. There is 2 ways to make it louder. Stay at Wide open throttle all the time or cut the resonator out. But if you do that you just waisted a $900. Keep it like it is. You will like it.

It is called reflective sound cancellation meaning it takes the sound and makes it quiet. Here is the information on it.

http://www.goapr.com/products/apr_exhaust_20tfsi.html

DU SCHAUST WIE EIN AUTO, NUR NICHT SO SCHNELL!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Get an ebay exhaust and sell that one. Eventually you will regret it because that cheap exhaust creates excessive cabin noise and gives you a headache. But it will be louder!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Or.... Give me your RSC, I'll take my factory CB exhaust, cut it up to straight pipe the resonator and the mufflers, put it on yours and voila! You has loud!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I talked to a rep from APR and he said the same thing. What I understood before buying it was that it cuts out "excessive cabin noise when cruising." The video posted on the site from the turbo back sounds mean and thats what I want. Is that achieved solely from the full exhaust or are there other modifications made to it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get an ebay exhaust and sell that one. Eventually you will regret it because that cheap exhaust creates excessive cabin noise and gives you a headache. But it will be louder!
Yeah thats exactly what I wanted to avoid. I guess I made the right choice?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
should of gone with 42DD, much cheaper and louder

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Or get that DP and actually make use of an expensive exhaust after you tune it. I love a good sounding/loud car, but the resonant sound inside the cabin is so ridiculous and it causes headaches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The question I still have is will the DP increase the sound? The turboback on the APR site sounds great.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
The question I still have is will the DP increase the sound? The turboback on the APR site sounds great.
It might just a little. The DP is for performance not sound. It is NOT going to take the sound from 87DB to 100DB but maybe from 87 to 89-90 DB.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Or get that DP and actually make use of an expensive exhaust after you tune it. I love a good sounding/loud car, but the resonant sound inside the cabin is so ridiculous and it causes headaches.
Balderdash! You sound like my ex girlfriend. I love my 3" TBE, just cruised with it to Missouri and back (21 hours each way) with NO headaches. Loved it.

Fixed

·
Registered
629 Posts
It might just a little. The DP is for performance not sound. It is NOT going to take the sound from 87DB to 100DB but maybe from 87 to 89-90 DB.

But then you hear turbo whistle so much more... Mmmmm...

Balderdash! You sound like my girlfriend. I love my 3" TBE, just cruised with it to Missouri and back (21 hours each way) with NO headaches. Loved it.
Hahaha!!! I know... I used to love it but I got so sick of it. My MS6 wasn't bad with the TBE because I had a resonator but my buddies LGT about gave me a headache for a week when we were driving all over Cali in it. Boo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts