My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what kind of exhaust are these, brand, model, anything will help. if anyone has any performance infro that would help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have any figures? those exhausts look sick...your saying the exhausts dont help hp and speed? if not whats the best exhaust

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

No, I didn't say you won't see a bump in performance. I said it would be an improvement over stock. You may get as much as 2-5hp out of it although that is hard to say. As you can see, the Caractere is a Cat back. It is really just a new can and tips.

Pretty much everyone I have talked to agrees that the main point of constriction in the stock system is the downpipe and cat. (The bends and stock can are too though.) The reality is that the stock exhaust is actually pretty damn good for stock. It doesn't matter what you bolt on, just the exhaust by itself isn't going to generate any big bumps. Chip your car and pop on an intake and then the exhaust can help generate some better numbers. Pop on a big turbo and it becomes essential.

Don't get me wrong, the Caractere looks totally tough, I really dig it. I have enough into my car that I just felt it would get in the way of performance. Actually, I just didn't want to go through the headache of finding a compatible downpipe, Cat and resonator or having it all custom fabbed. It was just easier to get the APR set up. Now that I have sold that and got the GHL I will hopefully see if there is any difference between the two; well at least when I get the GHL on that is ;D.

Also, this is all just my warped opinion and I rarely have a reason for thinking the way I do so take it with a grain of salt....know what I mean! O0

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lets say i have a chip, intake, and a few other engine mods...then add this exhaust, your saying it will help my performance then? im not talking about the exhaust by itself, im talking the over all package....cause those exhausts are exactly what i was looking for and i dont want t ospend that money just for looks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If you are going to chip and do a few other mods I would reccommend a full turbo back system. That means you can still use this setup but you will also need to find a downpipe, cat (and potntially a resonator if you want one). All the components would have to be compatible or you would need to do some custom work to make them so.

In the end homey...do what you want, who cares what a bunch of keyboard jocks with opinions think anyway.

Enjoy your GTI!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts