Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to centralize websites for parts, deals and other VW goodies, I suggest this thread for listing sites you've come across. Good idea or not so good?? I think as long as we keep it cleaned up, it could work well. 10bv01 has been organizing the site lately, along with other mods, trying to get specific threads for specific topics.

I'll start:

ECS Tuning
Great site

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_select.cfm?PMaI=3&PMoI=38&PEI=25&PP=mk5gj_20t_interior.cfm&PPT=Interior]AWE Tuning[/URL]
Limited Selection but known for their gauges!

http://www.performance-cafe.com/index.php?cPath=237&osCsid=69190bff658e61021f46e10ae64cbbd2]The Performance Cafe[/URL]
Sometimes a great deal will come across this site.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's always one. O0

I had visions of obscure websites with great deals on specific products. Somewhere the new guys could go to start out their shopping for upgrades. Keep em coming..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Am i just way to much of a newbie to follow this site? looks like all the postings are new. and call me a dumb A$$ but a 2008 Gti is what i have is that the MKVIII that everyone keeps refering too, and where can you find places to purchase performance parts for 08's ???? Thanks

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have a MKV. A 5th generation GTI/Golf. Anything that says it will fit the mkv will fit your 2008.. IF you want parts.. this is the thread for it..

Props for actually posting in the right place.. you're not such a n00b after all!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
from now on, you might as well consider your 08 as an 06 or an 07 as far as mods go and performance parts while shopping. All of those years are the same... Mark 5 GTI

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
from now on, you might as well consider your 08 as an 06 or an 07 as far as mods go and performance parts while shopping. All of those years are the same... Mark 5 GTI
Don't forget the Euro MkV's are 2005 models. O0

Kuze, engine wise, all the MkV GTIs are the same 2.0FSI motor (that's also used in the Jetta/GLI, Passat, Eos and Audi A3 here in North America).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, all

Trying to keep up with this and get all the info. i just realized that i have to click replies to my posts, to see what people say... LOL i was waiting for messages still trying to figure this site out. so far very nice place to speak GTI! thanks again any tips and tricks you want to off are appreciated as well :)

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's a tip: Never throw a brick straight up in the air.

Seriously, thanks for the compliments. We here at My Fast Gti are committed to providing you, the consumer, with a hassle free Fast experience. No other website can offer the comprehensive sarcasm, know how, or rice-eating appetite of MFG. Why shop anywhere else?

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
got my springs and shocks here, still in the mail. cant wait to get em on the car. 2" will make one heck of a difference >:D. got good prices on vogtland springs, and those koni fsd shocks. btw, anyone have any feedback on any of those?

purems.com

·
Registered
606 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts