Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just figured i would share my latest GTI experience with everyone. I just bought the Eurojet turbo-back exhaust for my 06 mkV GTI, and just finished putting it on like 2 hours ago. I am pleased with the way the system performs and sounds, but was not pleased with the way it installed. I had to cut two of the peices to get it to fit the way i wanted, and it's still not quite the way i'd like it. It took a friend who owns a shop and myself about 2 hours of labor to put it on. but once i got it on i must say it is friggin sweet!

Anyways, if you want to hear a clip of how the exhaust sounds, just click on the link below ...

http://www.20squared.com/eurojet/eurojetTBexhaust.mov

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a couple of places you can get it. The place i chose was 20squared.com. They posted it in another forum i am part of and thats how i saw and heard the clip. Once i heard it i knew that was the one i wanted. All said and done i got the exhaust for $1100 bux, which isn't unreasonable compared to other exhausts for the same application.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Time for an update:

After two days of driving, the exhaust is rubbing ??? So, needless to say, I'm quite a bit angry ..... no angry doesn't cut it, I'm friggin irate! :mad: So come tomorrow i'm going to call up the company and tear them a new a$$hole. because now i've got to go through the whole ordeal of taking it back off and cutting it AGAIN!!!!! Someone's going to pay for this, and it ain't gonna be this guy <--

·
Registered
635 Posts
maybe its like when a computer malfunctions, 99% of the time its the user's fault...usually not the manufacturers fault...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i beg to differ ...

I put on the exhaust exactly as it came in the box, and my friend who is an ASE certified mechanic, who has owned his own garage for more than 5 years, helped me put it on. It rubbed against the lower control arm of the rear, driver side wheel without us modifying it at all right when i started the car. So we took it off to make it fit. AFTER, we cut it, it moved away from the suspension, and had about 3/4's of an inch clearance. It did not rub at all when i first drove it. Now after driving it for two days, it has settled and began to rub again.

NOW tell me it's my fault and not the manufacturer's.

·
Registered
857 Posts
i think it was a joke, just because you told him
drvitlkeyustolit said:
NOW tell me it's my fault and not the manufacturer's.
Don't get too upset... Hope you're able to get it figured out soon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kylmos has been bashing me all over this forum ...

kylmos said:
take it from other members of the board, get your things professionally installed UNLESS you are certified, that way there will be a warranty if let's say you screw up on putting on a $1100 exhaust system.
but thanks dude, i do appreciate your support

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Time for another update:

All said and done, i had to take 3.5 inches off of the resonator pipe to get the exhaust to fit. After we were done, there was about 2 inches of clearance where it rubbed previously. I'm now finally happy with the way it fits. Now it performs, sounds and fits like a top notch exhaust, like it should have from the second i took it out of the box

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
The guy who is next to me at work is our race team manager; He said to call a buddy of his (owner of a race shop); their team fields an SCCA A3: maybe they'd have some good feedback on exhaust systems/tuning ;D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cool man thanks for the heads up!!

Time for another update:

I called Eurojet .... I expained the problem to them, and they said they were going to look into it. They also requested pictures of the exhaust installed and the modifications i did to make it fit. They appologized very nicely for the inconvenience, and are sending me a Eurojet Intercooler Stage 1 - Throttle Body Pipe for free. you can check out the pipe at:

http://www.20squared.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=6_8_11_54&products_id=240

All said and done, I am finally satisfied. ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts