Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wondering if anyone has a eurobadge on the front grill, and if so how did u go about securing it to the honeycomb wihout worrying about it coming off. I got some ABS thing and a universal mount and was wondering which is better with our type of grill design, thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I took some fine grit sand paper and scuffed up the back of the plastic piece. then i rounded off the corners on the plastic to match the badge itself.

I found where I wanted the badge, and i put a bead of glue arround the edge of one honycomb "cell". I pushed the plastic backing over the glue...and held it there til the glue set. then just put the badge on the backing when the glue has dried.

As long as you use a high strength, WATERPROOF glue...you are set. I used 3M Sumo glue (because thats what I had arround the house). The little card states to use epoxy, but i didnt feel like running to the hardware store.

All in all it took about 10 minutes to decide where i wanted it, and to let the glue set. Watch your fingers tho...and dont get any glue fingerprints on the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used the plastic epoxy method, I kept it in place with painters tape, and I was able to leave it in the garage over night. Its been fine ever since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts