Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Today I bought a Euro Switch w/ coming home feature. couldn't care less about coming home. However, I bought it for the option to run only fogs. A couple of months ago I spent $100 on 6000k xenon fogs. They came with the ballasts and I mounted and installed everything with a mechanic buddy and they have been awesome, just wanted to run them without headlights....hence buying the euro switch. they worked for a few minutes, then the second time I went fogs only the left one went out. Right one still works fine and the left fog bulb looks perfect, no different from the right one. has anyone else had issues like this, this just happened and I haven't checked the fuse but I have to assume that both fogs are on the same fuse, could be wrong tho. please help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after posting, looked in my manual and they fogs are on different fuses, going to mechanic buddy tomorrow morning to hopefully solve the problem

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
mwaaahahahahahahaha. vag-com woulda done it without the stupid switch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where you able to fix this? I just picked up my car two days ago and the only mod I want to do right away is load it with Bi Xenon headlights and fogs. Do I need to buy the whole casing or can I just get the bulbs and ballasts? What is a good site to get this?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where you able to fix this? I just picked up my car two days ago and the only mod I want to do right away is load it with Bi Xenon headlights and fogs. Do I need to buy the whole casing or can I just get the bulbs and ballasts? What is a good site to get this?

Thanks!!!
I just recieved the replacement lights. One of mine had blown. Now, I am trying to decide whether I want to put the lights in right away or wait to replace my fuses. I noticed that the fuses in the diagrams in my manual are 40a for the fogs. The ones I have in there now are 30a. granted neither of them blew, I'm curious as to if this may have been the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts