Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hapy New Year! Lets get down to it.

2010 Gti, 69.9K miles, No mods (except R8 coils and K&N drop in air filter)

Just changed the plugs, coils, and oil about 4K ago after I seafoamed the car. And that fixed my misfire code... for a few thousand miles. But it came back with a vengeance, and it brought friends.

Here's the kicker, though: The EPC light, rough idle, and flashing CEL only happen on cold starts, when my car has been sitting for 6+ hours. And even that is intermittent (though it happens more often than not). I know it will happen if the car starts with an idle of 1100 rpm (normally it starts at 1000, and drops to 800 after 30 secs or so). After the lights and dings go off, if I shut the car off, and restart it, all of the errors go away and it drives fine.

I'm a little perplexed as for what to do. I don't want to bring it back to the dealer, as they said the wanted to pull the intake manifold and blast it and the valves (which is why I changed the plugs/coils/seafomed it in the first place... And I didnt want to spend damn near $1000 for the blasting.)

The intermittent nature of the problem, and the cold start part make me think it's possibly electrical or fuel system related... maybe?

Either way, I'm open for any comments, suggestions, hate mail, pictures of cats, whatever you can throw my way. So please drop a line if you have an idea!

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts