Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything on it. But. My friends car has been having issues with his GLI. He's saying when he is trying to get up to speed, around 60-70, his engine just cuts off. And he has to restart it as he's coasting.
It's a stage two apr tuned motor and it's never had this problems. It seems that it happens when the turbo hits 20psi. Anyone ever have this problem? He heard that it could be either the crank sensor or the fuse box. Does anyone know what it could be?

Anyone who could help, We'd appreciate it.

· Registered
1,893 Posts
any codes?

· Premium Member
12,564 Posts
I'm sure it is throwing codes but a generic scanner will only pick up codes for a check engine light so you can wait for that to come on or find someone with vagcom/vcds.

Outside of that we're looking for a needle in a haystack.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah. There's no codes. One of our guys from our club is a VW tech. He scanned it with the shop scanner and it didn't have any codes. He's just never seen anything like this happen. So he doesn't have a solution for it. If it was that simple, we would have had the problem solved last week when it started. Lol

· Premium Member
12,564 Posts
Nah. There's no codes. One of our guys from our club is a VW tech. He scanned it with the shop scanner and it didn't have any codes. He's just never seen anything like this happen. So he doesn't have a solution for it. If it was that simple, we would have had the problem solved last week when it started. Lol
Does it cut off under throttle or when he let's off?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.