Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was out on a two lane and a modded focus rolled up on me. I gave him sufficient time to catch up, then sped out away from him. Perhaps he would have had a better advantage if the yaris, yes YARIS (traveling at about 90 mph) had been ahead in my lane instead hahah

Either way, I slowed down, he got on my ass until we took our separate ways at a junction.

Although it was a focus, it sure was some decent competition. I wish I'd have met him at a stop.

My 08 GTI is stock. The Focus clearly had exhaust and intake mods, but apparently he couldn't afford wheels and resorted to the laughable removal of wheel covers for that good(?????!!??!) black wheel look :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would consider anything that has to do with air flow a modification on your vehicle.
It depends on what exactly he has that would bring him up in torque or hp or any kind of gain for that matter, but if it isn't stock, and it is aftermarket, it is a modification.
That is just me though.

I don't know much about the ford focus and i drive a mk4 not mk5 so i'm not sure how much comp that really is for you guys. Enjoy your beautiful VW though.
Try not to ride her to hard.
hehehe

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
u see on top gear, they had a floating car. It was a sealed frame (not a real frame) filled w/ helium and had dozen lil fans....

thats a flyin car

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
hmmmm.......

its featured at the end, i think....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts