Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I've made an acquaintance who is looking to get your input for products you want to see manufactured in vinyl. He's most likely going to be using my car for specifications, and depending on demand, producing the most popular requests.

My #1 idea would be a vinyl overlay for the VW emblem on the front grill... black, color-matched etc. Any other ideas, post them... this is a potential gold mine.

His site: http://www.empiregfx.com/shop/home.php

Designs, car club logos, random graphics.. name it.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
That is awesome!

Looks like a great website...

I like the down and out/down and in decals.

Don't know if that applies to my car, or else I'd get one.

He just needs some more Mk5 love. :)

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He just needs some more Mk5 love. :)
And that's where I come in. Send ideas, suggestions, products you want on your car. The more the merrier... he wants to corner the market for MKV stuff

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I just got some decals.. but not from him. He needs to open up the V-dub scene. :p

I got Eat, Sleep, VW...
and the V-Dub in da haus hand symbol... almost mimicking the shocker symbol.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be forwarding these ideas to him. I meet with him Thursday night, during our bi-weekly NCDubs.com car meet. I really like the Down and Out logo that Empire Graphics sells.. however, I'd have to lower and widen my car to rock that vinyl.. :mad:@:

HNDA-KLR: I have that image on my car right now.. pics:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I wouldent mind having a windshield sticker like the one pictured above but in the rear with a quote on it like what kryptonkid's box says "never slow down" or vdubindahaus or some other quote i cant think of much i need help

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just met up with him. He's all about it. Wants to do the emblem overlay, Fast figure, grill overlay (interlagos pattern?) and tint the tails with somethin like Laminex but thinner. I'm gonna push for myfastgti.com stickers as well, as long as FF says its cool. We try out fitment on Saturday. good **** huh?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Grill overlay would be awesome.

Also see about doing some sort of hood thing too.

Or side stripes.. like the old GTI's. Keep it old school, ya know?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes a sticker for the gloss black section, vinyl. It would cover it completely

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
How much do you think that would run?

I would want to try the plaid on the grill... but i don't want to pay a lot, then not like it.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
sounds like a great idea man

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update:
I had lent Joe @ Empire Graphics an old front emblem of mine so he could trace out what the overlay would look like. We cut the vinyl and stuck it on today, and it fit perfect. Only problem is getting the vinyl to wrap around those outer edges of the emblem, he says its very possible. So that's stage two. He fitted my car today with smoked film on the mirror signals, and it fit perfect. Took him a hot 10 minutes to measure, cut, and apply.. this should be the first product offered, followed by the emblem overlay. Pics to follow, as soon as he updates his website. :mad:@: :mad:@:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts