Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the GTI emblem on the trunk of the '07 is glued or riveted. Yesterday I used a heat gun to take the dumb dealership sticker of the trunk and applied a little heat to the emblem to see if it would come off and it did not budge.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Livnplush said:
Does anyone know if the GTI emblem on the trunk of the '07 is glued or riveted. Yesterday I used a heat gun to take the dumb dealership sticker of the trunk and applied a little heat to the emblem to see if it would come off and it did not budge.
It's glued and you need a non-marring plastic pry tool and the heat gun. BECAREFUL not to remove the paint.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Removing the paint is what I was scared to do the first time. But as long as you are sure it is glued, I will give it a try. Thanx.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Livnplush said:
Removing the paint is what I was scared to do the first time. But as long as you are sure it is glued, I will give it a try. Thanx.
The glue runs on the top and bottom of the emblem- so start in the center of each letter.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i just pried off the rear emblem and then twisted the front one off and then pried off the chrome part. the inside of the front emblem i have red and the outside black :). it looked perfect until i went on the highway and got some sand kicked up and it took some of the black paint off :/

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

some paint got chipped off the front embelem when i was on the highway behind a truck with little particles coming off of it... and my friend put a sticker on the rear one and it took a little paint off also but overall considering i only did one coat i think its pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
PS: i recommend highly using a plastic adhesive paint for the back piece of the front embelem and a regular spray paint for the actual VW sign. my friend tried to put the plastic adhesive spray on the embelem and the back part and had to spend hours peeling it off because most areas didnt stick at all... just a little word of advice,

·
Registered
969 Posts
PS: i recommend highly using a plastic adhesive paint for the back piece of the front embelem and a regular spray paint for the actual VW sign. my friend tried to put the plastic adhesive spray on the embelem and the back part and had to spend hours peeling it off because most areas didnt stick at all... just a little word of advice,
Plasti-dip ftw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
here are mine...did over the winter. and the rear emblem is not glued....it has tiny little tabs that hold it on.....don't break them or your gonna need a new one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.