Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
The rear one just pulls off. Best to use a plastic pry as to not scratch the paint, it's just held on by 2 sided tape.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The rear VW emblem??? or the GTI badging?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
The rear VW emblem??? or the GTI badging?
I believe Both. My GTi emblem is just 2 sided tape. Why would VW engineer something like Honda and put clips on the backside so when you de-badge the car you know something was once there before? I really doubt even the new GTi's have the clips... What a pain it would be to do that then have it filled and repainted just so you can play the guessing game...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
where is the best and cheapest place to buy the black embelms? or can i paint the orginals?
You can paint the originals. Just get some 800grit sandpaper and use water to sand the emblem real nice. Be sure to get in the cracks or it will peel off. Then just spray can it black with nice even coats allowing the previous coat to dry before spraying another coat. That ought to get you set.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I'll not take my chances and just buy the emblem I thnk....

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
yes you can, try www.ecstuning.com
they have them
if he means the badging, as in 2.0T, or GTI, then yes, they have all sorts of options out there. BUT if he means the VW emblem, the large cirlce with the VW letters in it, that just happens to be in "annoying chrome," then you only have 2 options. 1. you can take em off and paint them yourself. i did this. very easy, even a newb to painting like me can do it. 2.

for the front:
http://oempl.us/product_info.php?cPath=23_30&products_id=186&osCsid=e536feb4ab6fb7705f8dc96f5a718550

for the back:
http://oempl.us/product_info.php?cPath=23_30&products_id=210&osCsid=e536feb4ab6fb7705f8dc96f5a718550

if you like the CF look and have the money, then its pretty nice mod. if not, like me, then painting it yourself is your only other option. no one makes thease in other colours just yet, i have searched hi and low before i did mine. hope this helps.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
Tmtuning.com Also sells the black front and rear emblems.
nice find. but still, those are only for the MK4 and the MK3 respectivley. for us with the MK5 the options are still very limited. has anyone tried to fit a MK4 emblem on a MK5? any input on if it will work would be great. i like the piston emblem they got in red, or black. ill ask them whether that would work on a mk5. would be pretty interesting.

http://www.tmtuning.com/vw/

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
ok. im kinda disappointed with the answer i got from tmtuning.com. we are just gonna have to wait till a third party of some sort comes up with what we want. i asked them if the cool "piston emblem" that they offer would fit the mk 5, and are there any black vw emblems as well.

Hello Vadim,

Unfortunately that would not fit the Mk5 grills, that will only fit the Mk2 and Mk3 grills. There are no black emblems for the Mk5's, black OEM emblems were made for special edition models only for German Government and Volkswagen did not get the contract to supply vehicles for the Mk5 models so there were no black emblems made.

Thanks
Damian

grr....

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I live in Norfolk, Va. If ANYONE, would like for me to black out their emblems feel free to contact me. I will gladly do them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.