Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I think I'm having problems already. I've owned my car a week and it's already been keyed and I'm starting to have the same headlight issue every night. When I turn the headlights on they come on, but the dash lights don't come on. I have to turn them off then back on and then they come on but it's still annoying. Also my esp symbol comes on for no reason and won't go off. Hitting the button doesn't work. I did it while moving around 80mph, 30pmh, stopped, and at 5pmh. Nothing happened. It's really odd. Suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's used but I have a warranty. I may take it in this weekend but idk where a VW dealership is in Tampa. Can I take it to a Volvo dealership or a BMW dealership?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 02 GTI started doing the same thing, when you turn the headlights on the dash lights might go on or not, repeated actuation of the headlight switch would get them to go on, but I also noticed that the dashlight dimmer switch was not working as well. Yesteday I disconnected the battery and when I reconnected it and turned the lights on the dash lights came on  and the dimmer switched worked, when I turned them off and back on again it went back to what it was doing before.  Today  I have a OBDII scan tool and was going to see if any codes show on this.  Does anyone  know if the dashlights also run through the CCM (Comfort Control Module) it s a multiplexing device that allows VW to use less wires in the car?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Trky said:
It's used but I have a warranty. I may take it in this weekend but idk where a VW dealership is in Tampa. Can I take it to a Volvo dealership or a BMW dealership?
How many different medications are you on?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mofo529 said:
Trky said:
How many different medications are you on?
Just some home grown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.