My Fast GTi banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
thats oretty horrible... i dont even know why you would comapre the 2. the civics only quality it has better over the GTI is its price.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah, with all the mention they make about the (as tested) price difference, they opted for package 1 on the GTI, but didn't get so much as summer tired on the Si. Proving they're already biased toward the Honda. Also, the Civic kick the GTI's ass up the side of a mountain? I think not...

This really got me, too:

Note that the engine delivers its peak power at 6,000 rpm, yet it redlines at 6,500 rpm, leaving a relatively flat top end
And less than a paragraph later:

There's also 200 horsepower at 5,100 rpm to accompany the low-rpm grunt
While I don't always expect the opinions of those who review cars for a living to jive with mine, I do expect an honest and unbiased review.

·
Registered
89 Posts
"The GTI doesnt even stand a chance if the Si is driven to potential". So who was driving the cars, an 80 year old man? This is the worst article i have ever read. Obviously the writer is honda biased, and probably got some kick back from honda to write such shit. The civic is ugly, and has to be run at 7000rpm to have any fun. And what the hell is he talking about with the esp? When I have mine turned off, I will blow the tires off my fast all the way up to third, and even when dropping in to third, the GTI will bark em. This guy is plain nuts and knows crap about cars.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I went to lunch shortly after reading this article and, coincidentally enough, was sort of challenged by a new Si driven but the most stereotypical-looking nerd I've ever seen. I proceeded to prove to this guy that no matter how many times he's seen The Fast and the Furious or how many games of Burnout/Need For Speed/Forza/Gran Turismo he's played, it's completely different in real life.

·
Registered
89 Posts
DrJones said:
I went to lunch shortly after reading this article and, coincidentally enough, was sort of challenged by a new Si driven but the most stereotypical-looking nerd I've ever seen. I proceeded to prove to this guy that no matter how many times he's seen The Fast and the Furious or how many games of Burnout/Need For Speed/Forza/Gran Turismo he's played, it's completely different in real life.
So in short, he was reading your license plate all the way down the street

1 - 13 of 13 Posts