Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have been researching this over the past couple days and i havent been able to come to any valid conclusions. is power gained by the ECS 12v vr6 2 pulleys equal to the power gain from neuspeeds 3 pulleys? because the 3 piece neuspeed kit costs alot of money and the 2 piece ecs kit is significantly cheaper.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
ok so i have been researching this over the past couple days and i havent been able to come to any valid conclusions. is power gained by the ECS 12v vr6 2 pulleys equal to the power gain from neuspeeds 3 pulleys? because the 3 piece neuspeed kit costs alot of money and the 2 piece ecs kit is significantly cheaper.
thanks in advance
You don't gain power. You revive the motor of difficult strains. Also if you daily drive your car. I wouldn't recommend it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't gain power. You revive the motor of difficult strains. Also if you daily drive your car. I wouldn't recommend it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
what do you mean by revive the motor of difficult strains? wouldn't reducing rotational mass take strain off of the motor? (its a 12v vr6 btws dont know if that makes a diff or not)

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
what do you mean by revive the motor of difficult strains? wouldn't reducing rotational mass take strain off of the motor? (its a 12v vr6 btws dont know if that makes a diff or not)
You answered your own question lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You answered your own question lol
................... damn jsilva970 is one hell of an enabler or one hell of something else lightweight pulleys it is then

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
................... damn jsilva970 is one hell of an enabler or one hell of something else lightweight pulleys it is then
Well, you don't gain any power by doing it. And if you ever wanted to get a lightweight flywheel you can't. This also throws the motor off balance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, you don't gain any power by doing it. And if you ever wanted to get a lightweight flywheel you can't. This also throws the motor off balance.
im so confused so you are saying i cant lighten one side of the engine or another but either way it wont do anything? i understand that a lightweight flywheel makes the revs climb and drop faster

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
im so confused so you are saying i cant lighten one side of the engine or another but either way it wont do anything? i understand that a lightweight flywheel makes the revs climb and drop faster
To the slightest degree. They actually don't matter all that much. Driven an rx7 with a lightweight flywheel and without, no real change. But running both lighter pulleys and a lighter flywheel isn't a great idea.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To the slightest degree. They actually don't matter all that much. Driven an rx7 with a lightweight flywheel and without, no real change. But running both lighter pulleys and a lighter flywheel isn't a great idea.
i just googled it and i see what you mean and on the subject of flywheels i wouldnt be looking to get an 8 pound flywheel seeing there seems to be a consensus that you shouldnt run anything under 14 or 15lbs

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just googled it and i see what you mean and on the subject of flywheels i wouldnt be looking to get an 8 pound flywheel seeing there seems to be a consensus that you shouldnt run anything under 14 or 15lbs
i cant see how it would throw the engine off balance... the crank is balanced on its own not with a flywheel n pully connected. ive had lightened parts in question but on a diff make and it spooled up alot faster without any issues n i drove daily

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking of doing this soon then I got nervous for these reasons...I too am curious.
i have purchased the gruvenparts billet aluminum pulleys well the alternator and tensioner pulley anyways and so far i havent noticed any power gains the crank and other pulleys are coming soon hopefully

·
Registered
89 Posts
ECS Pulley's are lightweight, Neuspeed Pulleys are called power Pulley or Under Drive Pulleys.
ECS Pulleys offer the benefit of being lightweight so less rotational mass.
Neuspeed pulleys are a bit lighter and slow down the rotational mass of the pulleys which helps the engine to uncork an extra 4-6 HP.
So you want extra power go with Neuspeed, that's why they cost more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.