Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have either of these? They are both server the same purpose just diferent brands. But I was woundering do they really work??? Are the shifts really smoother and does a polly insert really have anything to do with trottle response?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
I need install tips. It is on its way from ECS Tuning right now...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Bcruzin said:
I need install tips. It is on its way from ECS Tuning right now...
I have the VF dogbone and Neuspeed poly insert. There is a significant and noticable improvement in the crispness of the shift and throttle response. I would imagine that the manual trans will feel it more than the DSG but it will be noticable for both.

As far as install....the dogbone is a direct bolt on...in other words, unbolt the old and bolt up the new. The part comes with a page of install instructions so you will know what ft. lbs. to torque the bolts to....(You will need a torque wrench of course. :p) If memory serves me correctly...you will re-use one of the bolts from the old dogbone....so don't lose them.

The insert, (which is done first of course,) can be a bit of a pain. You will need to use a lubricant to get it in to place and seated properly. Use a quality silicone lubricant if you can...if not I suppose good 'ole WD40 would work but I don't know if it would be corrosive to the poly insert. The (2) small posts are the most difficult as they are too thin to have enough body to push into place easily. Just keep at it and it will eventually go to its home. I think I may even have smacked it a few times with a rubber mallet to get it up as far as I could. At the end I think I still had a little way to go so I just put the big 'ole washer on, threaded the bolt and tightened it up, forcing the insert to its home.

A breaker bar will make removing the old bolt and installing the new one to the correct ft. lbs. much easier. If the holes don't line up perfectly at first, just rock the motor a bit while you are under the car for proper alignment. It goes without saying that you should have the car in a safe elevated position before you climb under it and start rocking anything!!

If you need any other help...PM me. O0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts