Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, hp wasn't where I'd like it to be but the torque is fantastic. I ran a tad on the lean side too. The dyno used was a Dynojet.

Mods:
Revo Stage II
EVOMS Air Intake
Neuspeed Hi-Flo Turbo Diffuser Conversion Kit
Forge FMIC
Forge DV
Milltek Turbo & Cat-back Exhaust
Air bypass Throttle pipe

After getting reflashed from battery disconnect (slips car into 'Valet' mode)

Here's a video of one of the runs. I just uploaded it so it might not be available right away.

Here's a new video I just took ( 02/02/2008 ). You can hear a nice note of the pistons firing now that I installed the VF Engineering Mounts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: Dyno results are in on my ride 226.22whp/277.11ft-lb

yes...... at the wheels..........

Revo Stage II
EVOMS Air Intake

thats not alot of mods........ prob like 260hp 308tq at the crank..... do u have a dsg?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

kryptonkid07 said:
This is HP at the wheels though right?
yeah, i was just expecting about 20hp more. I wasn't disappointed too much. I like the insane torque improvement though >:D but the graph shows that I could get roasted top-end depending on who I face off against.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

xxxfast said:
yes...... at the wheels..........

Revo Stage II
EVOMS Air Intake

thats not alot of mods........ prob like 260hp 308tq at the crank..... do u have a dsg?
It's MT

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

uncle dude said:
I don't know much about this stuff, but my question is: what would a stock GTI's dyno read for hp?
Around 170whp/180 - 190's in torque. I'll have to find my SportCompact Car magazine with the actual results.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I think this dyno result will disspell a lot of fluf with the numbers people predict they will receive from certain mods. My main beef is with the numbers being thrown around with the ecu flash upgrades (revo, apr, giac, neuspeed etc....). No matter what these companies boast, no one company has stood out above the rest because the best ecu flash is obviously throwing the car on the dyno and programming the ecu rpm by rpm. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a retard. Just look at my A/F reading...I ran lean the moment WOT engaged. Insted of it being at 14 (normal) it dropped between 12 and 13. If I had the tuning I'm talking about, I wouldn't be suprised seeing an increase of 15-20whp if everything was dialed in properly.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Good point. the increase from stock numbers (I have always heard 187 - VW Vortex numbers) is about 40 HP. Most of the software people claim that on the flash alone though, so i was expecting like you said, may be 20 more.

·
Registered
106 Posts
187 is high... i don't believe that's a good average GTI stock HP at the wheels. I'd bet that alot of GTI's with just an intake dyno for less than that. Not saying that it's impossible... just saying, only losing like 6% HP from the crank seems incredibly optimistic. I saw a Dyno with video of a stock GTI doing 178 at the wheels... so imo, it's more like a 50 HP increase.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I found the stock GTI dyno run graph in one of my mags. It's 176whp/177 lb-ft torque. So I gained 50.22whp and 100.11 ft-lbs. Like I said, I'm really happy with the torque gains and I'm sure if the A/F was dialed in right, I'd get the extra whp I was expecting (between 12 - 15 more. Speaking from past experience with dyno tuning).

Oh, and another thing. I had the guy do a test run at what the speedo said was 80mph and compare it with the dyno machine's numbers:
Speedometer reading: 80mph
Actual speed: 73mph
I'ma bust some headz! 7mph difference is rediculous! It should be within 3mph at the most.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GUESS WHAT :mad: I just heard back from Pro-Imports where I got my REVO stage II flash. I told them about having to disconnect the battery and resetting the ecu to fix my ride when one of my silicone hoses came loose. The revo program itself doesn't get wiped out but some of it's settings (i.e. boost, a/f, timing) get wiped out cuz it gets stored in volatile memory. So I'm going to get it reflashed tomorrow morning. I'm going to call Ultimate Performance and see if they'll let me do one run after that for free.

So I may be where I thought I'd be after all! O0

Moral of the story.....Don't ever reset the ecu if you can help it. Otherwise you'll have to fork over money for the SPS switch to reload settings (I think I'm going to buy this cuz I don't want to have to drive up to Rockville, MD every time to get it reflashed. And I know with some of my future installs that there's going to be no way around it).

Stay tuned

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BlueFrogPosse said:
Doesn't the SPS also give you the ability to fine tune the program using a PC?
The SPS Select Plus does

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, my upgrade only cost $25. Any reflashes after that are free of charge.

I'm getting my ride re-dyno'd next wednesday, so I'll post the new results in a new thread.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hey man, lemme tell ya something....Those are AWESOME numbers. My G35 Coupe 6MT, ran 223 whp and 217 wtq. Keep in mind this is a car that's 300 hp at the crank and 280 Tq. So those numbers in wheel hp and tq are awesome!!! You break your front tires loose quite I bit I'm guessing though...that kind of tq is a lot to put through to the front.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
banditscout said:
Hey man, lemme tell ya something....Those are AWESOME numbers. My G35 Coupe 6MT, ran 223 whp and 217 wtq. Keep in mind this is a car that's 300 hp at the crank and 280 Tq. So those numbers in wheel hp and tq are awesome!!! You break your front tires loose quite I bit I'm guessing though...that kind of tq is a lot to put through to the front.
yeah, and I'm going to have even higher numbers when I get my Revo stage II ecu flash fixed this morning. when you disconnect the battery and reset the ecu, it flips the revo program into "vallet" mode (stock settings). I'm getting it re-dyno'd next wednesday.

I definitely need to get better tires!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.