Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here install Dynamat themselves? Or does anybody at least know how much I need to buy in order to get the rattles out of my front/rear door/side panels?

I definitely need to install dynamat before I install my sub/amp. My car is already rattling with just the Monsoon system!

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
i need to do this too

my car rattles like crazy

plus i have poly motor mounts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I already bought the sub and amp. They were on sale for $220 total, so I thought it was a steal. I'm trusting crutchfield's Sound Ordinance lives up to the budget-hype. aha.

PLUS, I took out my spare wheel and I use the space for storage. I'm pretty good on weight. aha

I installed 2 alpine SPS-600's in my front doors. Now I'm thinking about buying another set for my rears. They sound great with my Monsoon amp. loool.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
I don't have a spare wheel

It don't fit :(

Bags stuf take up a lot of space

Tapatalk This

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I would go with 2 door kits just to be safe. Measure your doors and rear area and get an idea of how much you need. Its easy to install once you get all your panels off. Pick up a wooden roller at a craft store to ensure a good stick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I already bought the sub and amp. They were on sale for $220 total, so I thought it was a steal. I'm trusting crutchfield's Sound Ordinance lives up to the budget-hype. aha.

PLUS, I took out my spare wheel and I use the space for storage. I'm pretty good on weight. aha

I installed 2 alpine SPS-600's in my front doors. Now I'm thinking about buying another set for my rears. They sound great with my Monsoon amp. loool.
oh word well then, yea crutchfield is a good company to go thur. im sure that youll be fine, just hope you have AAA and dont get a flat lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would go with 2 door kits just to be safe. Measure your doors and rear area and get an idea of how much you need. Its easy to install once you get all your panels off. Pick up a wooden roller at a craft store to ensure a good stick.
yeah that's what I was thinking. only $48 per kit on amazon. does this stuff literally stick to my door? like with adhesive?

oh word well then, yea crutchfield is a good company to go thur. im sure that youll be fine, just hope you have AAA and dont get a flat lol
of course I have AAA. and I don't leave my city much, so I can always just hit up a friend to drive to my house for my spare if anything happens ;D

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.