Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know this subject has been debated before but I'm new to this forum and I am a new GTI owner so I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out or refer me to a previous post. My question is which forge "if any" kit should I go with BOV or DV?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
So I know this subject has been debated before but I'm new to this forum and I am a new GTI owner so I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out or refer me to a previous post. My question is which forge "if any" kit should I go with BOV or DV?
Ok, the car comes with a dv. Earlier model mkv's had a rubber gasket seal and people began to upgrade it to the revision "d" piston style. These are both OEM parts. The rubber gasket problem was a tear in the rubber that would develop.

BOV's aren't recommended because your mass air flow (MAF) expects the air on the cold side of the turbo that the diverter valve diverts back into the system. BOV's shoot that air into the atmosphere and your car runs funky bc of that.

Now that you're in the forum you'll see this question come up at least twice a week.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I keep getting comments in my YouTube videos from dudes saying bov's run fine on "these cars." I don't know if they are mkiv guys referring to gti's in general or if they are talking about tsi's. This question keeps coming up because there are people out there sayiing that bov's are ok.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
FSI & TSI = DV, no BOV

The engine management system accounts for this air past the MAF. Using BOV dumps this air and then you run rich for a little bit. So, a BOV will not gain you any performance, at least before a BT, and you'll just be gaining the sound. If you want that obnoxious sound, get an intake and forge spacer.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
This is one of the comments I got on YouTube lol:

Maison Moa has replied to your comment on MKVI GTI GIAC Stage 2+

These cars do just fine with BOV's. The only issues they have with them are usually due to user error.

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
revison D plus DVs are used on the golf R and TTRS, some unconfirmed internets babbling say it's used on porsches too

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I keep getting comments in my YouTube videos from dudes saying bov's run fine on "these cars." I don't know if they are mkiv guys referring to gti's in general or if they are talking about tsi's. This question keeps coming up because there are people out there sayiing that bov's are ok.

i put my friends bov on my car to test the waters, my car went into limp mode immediately and then proceded to die when i got to the end of the street..

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the forge DV, and the dealer "made" me remove it. Said it was pointless. What do you guys hope to gain besides the PSSHH sound? Why waist money on it, if you know it can cause problems?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts