Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Hello,... i got forge DV it says forge on it .. my friend told me something must be wrong since i cant hear the sound TSSS when i shift gear..
but the car seems to run fine and everything,

the silver shiny thing isn't that the DV and correctly installed?

· Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Blow-off valves are what make that sound, not a DV... or DV spacers...

· Registered
6,128 Posts
Hello,... i got forge DV it says forge on it .. my friend told me something must be wrong since i cant hear the sound TSSS when i shift gear..
but the car seems to run fine and everything,

the silver shiny thing isn't that the DV and correctly installed?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/30/63lemans06.jpg/
looks installed correctly... put your windows up and shift. youll be able to hear it mildly... its not a blow off valve and its not meant to sound stupid

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
looks installed correctly... put your windows up and shift. youll be able to hear it mildly... its not a blow off valve and its not meant to sound stupid
already tried driving with windows down, and still cant hear it, maybe it's because stock CAI?
or can i maybe like adjust it?

· Registered
6,128 Posts
already tried driving with windows down, and still cant hear it, maybe it's because stock CAI?
or can i maybe like adjust it?
Yeah stock filter box will muffle it out

And I said put your windows up and drive... Down gets muffled by the wind, up you can hear it through the firewall

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah stock filter box will muffle it out

And I said put your windows up and drive... Down gets muffled by the wind, up you can hear it through the firewall
ahh yeah even with windows up i cant hear it :( .. maybe i should get new CAI or Forge Splitter DV

· Premium Member
10,066 Posts
i say get a cone filter like justin said and if u want sound get a hks ... the forge dv isnt really made for noise

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i say get a cone filter like justin said and if u want sound get a hks ... the forge dv isnt really made for noise

that silver thin that's the hks bov right? if i get one of HKS bov where can i put it ?

· Premium Member
10,066 Posts
that silver thin that's the hks bov right? if i get one of HKS bov where can i put it ?
correct ... the valve sticking out the side of my intercooler pipe is an HKS SSQV Blowoff Valve And U Can Mount It Where I Have Mine If U Have A Front Mount Intercooler Or Where I Had It Before The FMIC Install Shown In This Pic

And This Is What He Meant By A Cone Filter On The End of The Mass Air Flow Sensor

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
correct ... the valve sticking out the side of my intercooler pipe is an HKS SSQV Blowoff Valve And U Can Mount It Where I Have Mine If U Have A Front Mount Intercooler Or Where I Had It Before The FMIC Install Shown In This Pic

And This Is What He Meant By A Cone Filter On The End of The Mass Air Flow Sensor
oh sweet okei :) and if i get HKS blow off do i have to take out my dv?

· Premium Member
10,066 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.