Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying the APR Chip...however, when i bought the car the saleman specificly told me do not chip it with the automatic/dsg tranny, because the added power will spin the torque converter right off.

Is there any truth to this? am i fine dropping in the APR with the DSG?

·
Registered
530 Posts
:WELCOME6:
Um, well, your salesman must be a Nissan implant. (inside joke) It's difficult to "spin off" something you don't have to start with. Chip your Fast, I'm going to, and others here with DSG have with no problems. [gti]

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Seiky said:
I am thinking about buying the APR Chip...however, when i bought the car the saleman specificly told me do not chip it with the automatic/dsg tranny, because the added power will spin the torque converter right off.

<--- DSG and Revo: No issues

·
Registered
842 Posts
NVGTI said:
:WELCOME6:
Um, well, your salesman must be a Nissan implant. (inside joke) It's difficult to "spin off" something you don't have to start with. Chip your Fast, I'm going to, and others here with DSG have with no problems. [gti]
[good post] Great point, that is the beauty of the DSG!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Seiky said:

In case you were wondering, only automatic transmissions have torque converters. Since the DSG is essentially a standard transmission (albiet with two clutches and electronic shifting instead of manual), a torque converter is not necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts