Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wierd question...just wonderin of u could still burnout using the DSG transmission....is it like a manual were u can rev and then drop it in first? ???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is a tip!

Drop it down into (S) mode, then from a stoplight hit the gas. You will f'ing love it! I love the sound of the turbo spooling! *drools*

#dp

·
Registered
690 Posts
Step 1: Lock e-brake.

Step 2: GENTLY hold down break pedal and gas at the same time. Slowly increase break pedal pressure until you stop moving but front wheels remain spinning.

Step 3: Enjoy smokey burnout.

Step 4: Replace brake pads, mic rotors for possible replacement or turning.

Step 5: Bang forehead against wall for buying an automatic...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
its so easy to burn your tires on a manual car but i dont like to do it because i loose a certain amount of miles on my tires. Wear n tear

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
blackgti06 said:
its so easy to burn your tires on a manual car but i dont like to do it because i loose a certain amount of miles on my tires. Wear n tear
yer gonna have to get new tires sooner or later anyways!.. plus if you run over a nail and blow a tire that is no fun so might as well kill them and have fun doing it!... and also word of advice. if you ever get another set of rims keep the stock ones and but them on to do burouts :)

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
GTI MKV said:
blackgti06 said:
yer gonna have to get new tires sooner or later anyways!.. plus if you run over a nail and blow a tire that is no fun so might as well kill them and have fun doing it!... and also word of advice. if you ever get another set of rims keep the stock ones and but them on to do burouts :)
A whole process just to do burnouts??? I'm not sure I'm understanding this. You ARE talking about spinning your tires and not going anywhere right? Still not getting it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Um, since we're shooting for nonsense, try the 2 step method.

1. Pull the handbrake up as hard as you possibly can.

2. Floor it.

oops, i forgot step 1.5 - turn off the ESP. I guess it takes 3 steps.

if that does not work, try the following additional steps:

1.1. Open hatch

1.2. Get jack

1.3. Insert jack between center console and hand brake

1.4. Crank jack until you think the lever is about to shatter.

If you do it right, I'm guessing you'll be all set to buy a new pair of tires sometime soon!

·
Registered
398 Posts
DrJones said:
Step 1: Lock e-brake.

Step 2: GENTLY hold down break pedal and gas at the same time. Slowly increase break pedal pressure until you stop moving but front wheels remain spinning.

Step 3: Enjoy smokey burnout.

Step 4: Replace brake pads, mic rotors for possible replacement or turning.

Step 5: Bang forehead against wall for buying an automatic...
Step 2 is wrong... If you press the gas with the brake engaged the computer cuts the throttle thanks to throttle by wire.

Just floor it that's why you have DSG in the first place so your right hand can be on the "Oh Sh!t" handle instead of the shifter.

·
Registered
690 Posts
zulu said:
Step 2 is wrong... If you press the gas with the brake engaged the computer cuts the throttle thanks to throttle by wire.

Just floor it that's why you have DSG in the first place so your right hand can be on the "Oh Sh!t" handle instead of the shifter.
Yeah, I learned about that after I wrote that statement.

Also, maybe you should put you other hand on the wheel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I suggested mounting the stock conti's on some shitty rims and spend a day burning them up since they aren't worth a damn any way.

·
Registered
690 Posts
louie2077 said:
I suggested mounting the stock conti's on some shitty rims and spend a day burning them up since they aren't worth a damn any way.
Stock Conti's? You got the all seasons? Pfff, loser.

·
Registered
556 Posts
deviltailedfast said:
Um, since we're shooting for nonsense, try the 2 step method.

1. Pull the handbrake up as hard as you possibly can.

2. Floor it.

oops, i forgot step 1.5 - turn off the ESP. I guess it takes 3 steps.

if that does not work, try the following additional steps:

1.1. Open hatch

1.2. Get jack

1.3. Insert jack between center console and hand brake

1.4. Crank jack until you think the lever is about to shatter.

If you do it right, I'm guessing you'll be all set to buy a new pair of tires sometime soon!
Hahahahahahaha! Funny shit right there.

·
Registered
321 Posts
haha, that video was pretty sweet. And that is a DSG!

I love it when other people beat the shit out of their cars. I just laugh and call them idiots. I would never do that to my car. When my fast has 300,000 miles on it and is still going strong I'll be happy.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.