Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was trying to install LED's into my city lights earlier today, and noticed that my Driver side light isn't on. The bulb is new and I've tried both the normal Incandescent bulbs i have and the LED's. Neither work. It was off before i even opened the cover. Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? seems a silly thing to have to go to the dealership for.

Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
connections and relays seem fine, do you know by chance which fuse goes to the city lights?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a ton man, that does have the fuse location. I'll go check it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh true that. I'll check it in a bit here and let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Flipping the bulb was the first thing that i tried. I'm quite familiar with the wedge lights, plus, this was out before I put the LED wedge in. I did figure out the problem. The side marker light (which is somehow connected to the city light) had burned out and therefore had caused the city light to fail, as soon as I replaced the marker light, the city light came right back on. This was thanks to my friend with a MKV R32 who had a similar problem a year ago with his. I hadn't realized the marker was out, and it doesn't tell you if it is, only that the city light isn't working lol.

Thanks to all who replied about this. I appreciate it greatly! Problem Solved!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Flipping the bulb was the first thing that i tried. I'm quite familiar with the wedge lights, plus, this was out before I put the LED wedge in. I did figure out the problem. The side marker light (which is somehow connected to the city light) had burned out and therefore had caused the city light to fail, as soon as I replaced the marker light, the city light came right back on. This was thanks to my friend with a MKV R32 who had a similar problem a year ago with his. I hadn't realized the marker was out, and it doesn't tell you if it is, only that the city light isn't working lol.

Thanks to all who replied about this. I appreciate it greatly! Problem Solved!
Glad ya got er' fixed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts