Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I hooked up my front mount finally and noticed i only hold 4lbs of boost... Also have a pop in the exhaust, very similar to that of a backfire... The only difference between the fmic and the smic is that the sensor atop the intercooler isn't plugged in. I've reset the battery, checked boost leaks and fixed them, checked the hose going to the dv no cracks or scratches, checked the dv... Only thing left is to retrieve my old sensor, tap a hole and seal/plug it in and check the MAF and the 75 valve... any clues?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Plugged the sensor in and BAM! Boost levels are holding as high as 15lbs... However, the car isn't chipped and has the factory n75 valve... I am also not feeling the boost whatsoever. Gonna tap the sensor into the intake side of the new piping tomorrow and see if boost actually meets the motor...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very clean. wasn't ever out of the intercooler until today, from my knowledge. I hear the turbo spool up, much louder then before but it's like all the boost disappears into thin air and never reaches the motor :(

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All fixed now, a few minor boost leaks left but it holds 10lbs strong

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a MKIV and I been wanting to do this mod I am just scared something might happen. what is the system that you went with? What might be some easier ways to go around it? What is the difference?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a kit off ebay. If i would do it again, I'd get a pre-fitted kit that had the sensor flange already built in. If you decide to go ebay (price is so much cheaper) be prepared to cut and tap a hole into the piping. I could post pics of my set up if you would like to see? My intercooler is rather large :-\

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
E-Bay is all you need. Its the same thing for alot less!
O and what is this "Limp-Mode" you speak of??? hahahahahaa
ECU cuts boost to 4psi under WOT and wont allow anything more. Wont allow more than 4psi under partial throttle, either. Pull off the sensor on the intake side of the intercooler and you shall see...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.