Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have a question for you guys, I own a 2007 Vw gti mkv 2.0T and I am in the market for a downpipe that's cheaper yet a good rumble with good preformance. But friend of mine said that if I get a downpipe on my car, I would have to get a tune for it otherwise it will blow my engine at some point. Is that true?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You dont have to get a tune, although if u get a catless downpipe u will get a check engine light on for cat inefficiency. a tune will simply make it so ur CEL doesnt come on and also will give ur car a little more power to take advantage of the opened up exhaust. and a downpipe without a tune will NOT blow ur engine lol, unless u are revving like crazy trying to hear ur new exhaust part haha O0

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ya you do not need a tune to get a downpipe. Like TY09mkv said getting a downpipe will not blow your engine without a tune. If you do get a tune however the car is so much more fun to drive. ALOT! More power over stock. Night and day. Also you will get a cel either if way your catless or have a high flow cat. But a tune would take care of the cel. Depends on what your area dose for emissons weather to go catless or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts