Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been thinking about dumping my exahust right after my turbo. to do this i would have a custom down pipe made wint a butter fly valve at the end that would open and close as needed and on the side i would have the down pipe conected to my stock exahust so when the valve is closed it would run through it. by doing this i would hope to add hp and toeque. i need to know if anyone has done anything like this and if it wokrs

·
Registered
193 Posts
TimTom07 said:
i have been thinking about dumping my exahust right after my turbo. to do this i would have a custom down pipe made wint a butter fly valve at the end that would open and close as needed and on the side i would have the down pipe conected to my stock exahust so when the valve is closed it would run through it. by doing this i would hope to add hp and toeque. i need to know if anyone has done anything like this and if it wokrs
I have thought about a downpipe with no cat and an electric cutout............ a couple of my friends have it...........too loud........ some nice gains on the top end though..... once you open it you will never close it....... you will get used to it but your passengers will want to barf from the sound

3' turbo back exhaust (no cat) is $300 (stainless 500)

apr is 1300

Just wait till you get the money to do it the right way

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yes, very true. I was driving around all day with downpipe open. I lost all of my low end, but my top end seemed to be alright. I thought it was fun just to see people's reaction to it. O, and the turbo sounds amazing!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts