Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to open all doors when turning off engine. Whenever I get out of the car to get something either inthe back seat ( 4 door) or trunk I have to hit the Unlock button. Althought no big deal, I am wondering kije on most cars the door unlock when you exit.

Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes. You can change it using the MFD. It never ceases to amaze me why anyone would spend good money on a car and not read the owner's manual.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
I want to say its under Settings in your Multi Function Display.. I will get you specifics.

Tough love from jgo! ;D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i wish there was a way to pop you hatch open fully with the remote. All it does is unlock it and it would be nice to just pop it open. Any ideas

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
I lied.. go into your MFD: Choose Convenience, hit ok on steering wheel, then choose Door Open, hit ok, then Auto Open. arrow should show up beside it. Now when you shut the car off, all doors unlock.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
blackgti06 said:
i wish there was a way to pop you hatch open fully with the remote. All it does is unlock it and it would be nice to just pop it open. Any ideas
How would you lift the hatch without pushing in the emblem as a handle? Unless your saying it should be an automatic lifting hatch, which would be asking a bit much from Volkswagen.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
True true but i think on one of the forums someone said it was possible to do it. I forget how it went but i'll try to post it up.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Lock itself 30 seconds after you turn off the car?

If you go into the menu on your MFD in the middle of the instrument cluster using your steering wheel controls, there are a ton of options and it may be in there. Do a little searching around in there. If it isn't in there, then Vag-Com might be able to do it, I don't personally own one so maybe somebody else can help him with out that part of it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, after you shut the car off and wait for 30 seconds it will lock itself. It did when i bought the car (about 2.5 weeks ago) but now it seemed to have stopped :eek:
I have already checked on the MFD and there are options to have the doors lock when you are driving, then unlock when you turn the car off but there was nothing about locking itself on a delay

·
Registered
857 Posts
I just went into the car to check it out. You already mentioned what I was about to say. What you can do is have it lock once you start driving, and then set it so that the doors do no unlock when you turn the car off. The drivers door will still be unlocked though, and if you have passengers, then those doors would be unlocked when they got out.... I'm stumped, anybody else know anything? Am I missing something here?

*edit*
Sorry I'm not much of a help, I'm just so used to locking my car that it's habit and I don't think about it, I would probably lock it several times anyway even if it were going to lock itself within 30 seconds, I'm obsessive compulsive like that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No need to apologize!! I appreciate all the help though. I'm a little nuts like that too, and thats why I am trying to get this figured out because it did it before and now its not........or I could just be losing my mind!! :-\

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tought the same as you, that it locks it self after 30 sec, but then i realized if the car is locked and i press unlock, if i dont open the door withing 30 sec it will lock it self again, sort of a safety feature in case you accidentally press unlock while you are inside your house or something.

But if you press unlock --> open the door, start the car and drive it and then exit the car it WONT lock it self, atleast not for me.

If it did work the downside is if you leave your keys on the seat and close the door, you would be locked out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am going to have sooo much fun when I get this car...

I will read the entire manual, then spend a few hours trying out all f the options in the MFD...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.