Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard the the gti has no limited slip differential?? so it make it some times hard to control off the line, also when your in hard turning situations if one of the wheels loses grip the other does the same. is that true?? and also doesnt that make the civic better in that way?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Maybe so, but at least my burnouts are beautiful twin streaks

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
it would be way better to have a real LSD on our cars then the electronic one we have. hopefully there will be a LSD mod coming out soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Question: With an R32, that is a much different car than GTI, so would you still be a Fast loving GTIer owning a R32?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Aren't they all on the same everything? Besides the obvious 3.2L engine and the AWD?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yes but really the heart of the GTI rests in the turbo. unplug the EA pipe on the car (Y pipe) and drive it. it will barely move (no turbo pressure).

·
Registered
117 Posts
so what I'm getting out of this; the GTI is a GTI because of it's turbo engine, front wheel drive setup, while the R32 is AWD & V6, and probably more predictable...... I would classify the two as similar with very different feel......

·
Registered
556 Posts
KGDeAng said:
so what I'm getting out of this; the GTI is a GTI because of it's turbo engine, front wheel drive setup, while the R32 is AWD & V6, and probably more predictable...... I would classify the two as similar with very different feel......
Yeah, thats probably the best way to sum it up. I just think that the R32 looks too much like the rabbit in the front, although the back with the dual *centered* tailpipes is awesome!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
that is a good way to sum things up. i do agree with that post. and yeah the front on the R32 is a bit iffy for me but the back looks amazing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts