My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had an rx8 and the mazdaspeed stuff was the stuff to get, does vw have something similar, i cant find any performance parts for the new gti on the vw site, but it looks like they have an exhaust and stuff for the mkiv.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think ABT is such a company. It's the official Audi performance company, but as audi and vw work together they also have vw things, like exhaust, chip tuning, wing doors, carbon fiber parts, bumpers...

greetings
Claudio

·
Registered
28 Posts
well my dealer said they would install aftermarket part without voiding the warranty.......the guy said they might be able to do turbo upgrades also......check with your dealer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my MkV remapped using revoteknik package. Result: claimed 260 horses and 270lbft torque. Haven't dynoed but man u can feel it - all the way from 2000 rpm! Now thinking of Miltek exhausts, which should add another 10 horses. :) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re revo chip, no new chip required as revo has a package to remap existing ecu. Took about 20 mins to download files and off u go. Best investment I've ever made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is the Revo better than the APR chip... on the apr web it says with the chip on 93 octane we'll be at around 256hp/303 torque ???

·
Registered
26 Posts
i had a question about the warranty on the GTI V's. i went to the dealer and asked them about performance parts i could get without voiding the warranty...and he said only a certain type of exhaust and suspension would NOT void the warranty. i was plannin on adding an intake, but he said that it would void the warranty cuz it messes around with the engine....i thought it wouldnt cuz it didnt mess withh the computer, like a chip would...but i've read in a lot of places that an intake wouldnt void the warranty... i guess my dealer guy was just bein an idiot...

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I just got Driver Mag (thru VW) and I'm looking at the Performance Exhaust. It's priced at 1,130 and the Sport Springs at 340. Are these "competitively priced" or is it way overpriced? I'd be willing to pay a bit extra with a guarantee that my warranty won't void. I know it'll only void if the product I put is directly responsible for the problem, but I don't want the off chance that what I put will cause a problem. I payed too much for that warranty just to void it. I'd like the security of knowing if anything goes wrong then they'll fix it.

I'd be happy with an exhaust and lowered car. I'm not much of a racer but it would be nice to have a bit more HP. Does anyone know how much the exhaust from VW would add? the same as any other exhaust...and if so, how much does a reg. after market exhaust add?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Everything in that mag is ridiculously overpriced. If it's not branded, don't bother getting it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
E I P Tuning has some of the best upgrades available for your GTI.I would suggest them over anyone on the market.Now if you are looking for cosmetic then I cant help. EIPTUNING.COM

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You can also try: parts4vws.com

They have a pretty sweet project car with a bunch of suspension mods, body kits, engine mods etc. available that they have tried with the data and the pics for you to peruse. I dig the dual exhaust they have but wish it was a single tips instead of double. I also noticed that you have to get a euro bumper before you can get the double cut-out for the twin exhaust and none of it is cheap; (not to mention american license plates on euro bumpers look like a lame after-thought.) It would be sweet but it will pretty much cost as much as an R32 by the time you are done with the cosmetics alone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts