Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

i just purchased an 08 GTI from Cowell motors dealership in richmond BC, will pickup the car in 2 weeks. any idea if they give out the fast toy with the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine came about a month after i purchased too. Did anyone also get a guitar also? I had no idea that also came with the purchase? Mine is still in the box.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dude you got a guitar???? That promotion went from September 1 2006 thru December 06... I did get one and cherish the thing!!
Bought my GTI in September 06.. You R 1 lucky dude!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Man you bought your GTI in sept of 06 and got a guitar i bought mine Sep. 24th of 06 and didn't get a guitar, was yours an 07 model or an 06

·
Registered
87 Posts
07 Model is what I believe the promo was about.. I bought an 07.. You remember the commercials with Slash and other rockers playing the First Act Special Edition Guital?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Guital??

·
Registered
473 Posts
richieGTI said:
07 Model is what I believe the promo was about.. I bought an 07.. You remember the commercials with Slash and other rockers playing the First Act Special Edition Guital?
I remember Slash doing a commercial for a car but didnt remember it for our Fast. Was it the one he opened the trunk and plugged in somewhere in the trunk or glove compartment? I asked about the Fast coming with the car but I didnt know about the guitar. Caught me by total surprise.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
VA2STLTH said:
richieGTI said:
I remember Slash doing a commercial for a car but didnt remember it for our Fast. Was it the one he opened the trunk and plugged in somewhere in the trunk or glove compartment? I asked about the Fast coming with the car but I didnt know about the guitar. Caught me by total surprise.
They plugged it into the iPod adapter in the glove compartement - you can play the guitar through your stereo system.

I emailed VW about the promotion, since it was supposed to be for 2006 & 2007 GTI's - I didn't receive one (yet)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ah ok Vegas FH. Then I was close and thinking of same commercial. I'll have to look next time in the car. I've got the iPod adapter in that mid arm rest.

On the box, the guitar's numbered and mine is 1094 of 1234. Guess these are limited but mine didnt match the car. BM car with a blue guitar. Oh well, Im not complaining cuz its still in the box. Would have been nice if they color matched it for what you purchased.

·
Registered
842 Posts
iceman said:
Hey,

i just purchased an 08 GTI from Cowell motors dealership in richmond BC, will pickup the car in 2 weeks. any idea if they give out the fast toy with the car?

Thanks!
I picked up mine last weekend, so I don't know if I will get one or not. The dealer never REALLY answered the question when I asked. I don't think they know or care. I will wait a month or two, then call VW Canada.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I was told that the Fast does not currently meet/exceed the import safety standards in Canada. >:D ;D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dragon said:
I was told that the Fast does not currently meet/exceed the import safety standards in Canada. >:D ;D
Nice one. :D

As far as I know, the DRL's are the same, as is the ride height and number of air bags. The little prick still comes with that little smirk.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Guitar? Fast?? At least you guys get stuff... mine is an '06 and I still haven't gotten my fast... I called that number, but the car is in the name of the Wells Fargo that financed it, and it's in Cali, and I dont know the address. They would have to call and order it for me, and for some reason I think they have better things to do.

Oh well, at least I have the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Canada and bought my car in October 06. I tried for like 5 months to get it but VW kept giving me the run around about getting my fast. Finally they said that they couldn't ship it to Canada due to border issues (I think they just didn't want to pay customs or something). So I gave them the address of a friend in Michigan and he got it 3 weeks later. Maybe try that if you know someone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.