Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a 24 year old college soph, I tend to get really annoyed with the 18 year old freshman with daddy's used BMW 328, tryin to impress me as he rolls thru the parking lot with his peeling tint and rattling trunk. I say this because there is a rich kid on campus with a 01 Phaeton who goes out of his way to "wave" (flashin high beams, blowin the horn etc) when we pass on the streets around campus.. does he rate acknowledgement? There is no way its his car and he thinks he can get in on the club..

·
Registered
573 Posts
The older you get, the harder it is to make new friends. Take it from the old guy. See what he has to offer. Could be he has a garage full of GTI's at home that he doesn't like to get dirty.... Besides: 1) We are all one big VW happy family, 2) It may get pretty lonely waiting for only GTI's to hang out with, and 3) He's rich, let him buy the beer.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Drives a Phateon... at my University that would have immediately put you in the group of Saudis/Koreans/Swiss banker's daughter.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Nah, not really. These were people whose parents bought them into private university... like me! (except that my dad didn't buy me a $1 million condo and a $60K car).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts