Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tools you will need:
1) Electric Drill
2) Flat head screwdriver
3) Electrical tape

Installation time:
30 minutes to an hour

Directions:
1) Start by removing the plastic lining behind the driver's side area. Just pull out and the plastic snaps should undo.

2) Continue to pull the lining out

3) You do not need to remove the red wire from the battery to complete this install. Just wrap the end in electrical tape and you'll be fine. Start hiding the wires by snaking it behind the plastic lining where the hood release lever is. You do NOT need to remove the lining. Simply pull on the lining area where the lining meets the foot rest and snake the wires underneath the lining and pop the lining back in place.

4) Run the wires behind the exposed carpeting. There should be one snap holding the carpet to the frame of the car that you'll need to lift up on in order to do this.

5) Remove the black plastic plate underneath the driver's seat and run the wires through. You'll need to lift pretty hard on the carpeting to get the wires through and the use of the flat-head screwdriver helps.

6) Now that you have the wires through, you can drill the hole for the switch to be mounted through.

7) Drill the hole wide enough to get the switch through. With the switch that I bought, I had to cut away at some of the carpeting to allow for more threading to be exposed on the other side for where the retainer screws into place to fasten the switch down.

8) Fasten the switch in place and re-attach the wires to their proper terminals. Make sure they are not loose. Wrap electrical tape around the positive lead if you feel so inclined. Re-attach the black plate you removed earlier (back portion goes in first, then the front). Here's the finished product.

Nice and clean ;-)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm also going to post the LED install that I did to the interior (driver's and passenger's side foot rest area) once it's dark out and I can take some pics of what it looks like. I wired them to the dimmer switch so they brighten and dim :-D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zmoclov21 said:
They're in the "Electronics" forums under "Topic: DIY - LED's wired to the dimmer for an interior touch!"

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again, I'm aware of the picture issue, I'll hopefully have them back up soon. Bare with me.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pics are back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts