My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where the stock diverter vavle is located at? if so let me know so i can make my fav noise louder

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: diverter vavle

if you want to lose hp go ahead but not a good idea.....it's under the car u need to lift it.....right on the shotgun side...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

...i would not open the stock DV to make more of yer "fav noise" you will loose all yer boost.

·
Registered
749 Posts

I assumed he was talking about installing a BOV. Who on earth would think to just remove the diverter? Most idotic thing I've read yet on any forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ya i have and just to let everyone know you cant put a bov on the 2.0fsi you need to put on a diverter valve if you put on any bov it will through a chech engine light i dotn think that you want that but any way why do you think that i will loose hp and boost if i open the diverter vavve up?

·
Registered
220 Posts

how old are you?

the gti comes with a stock BOV, it just recirculates the air rather than letting it into the atmosphere. if you want the noise, then you should get the forge bov adapter, dont mess with your diverter....

the noise gets old after a while anyways. get an intake and it will force your stock bov to give you the sound you want by putting more air into the diverter and causing it to let a little out (dont lose boost, get a great sound)

·
Registered
857 Posts

mygreyfast88 said:
get an intake and it will force your stock bov to give you the sound you want by putting more air into the diverter and causing it to let a little out (dont lose boost, get a great sound)
how old are you?

The stock diverter valve is no good, once you start modding the car at all, it will go bad and you'll need to get a new one.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

10bv01: have you had to replace your DV yet? Mine is sounding kinda funny and I'm gettin' kinda concerned. I'm not sure which replacement valve to go with. I would put the Forge blow off on but I really don't want to deal with the CE light.

·
Registered
857 Posts

No I haven't, I just did the trial, which by the way is over now. My CEL came on again today, it's going to the dealership first thing Monday morning. When I took it to the shop that put the trial on, the CEL was for the "boost pressure regulator" which I'm assuming is the DV. I'll have more info on Monday afternoon and let you guys know.

Ask GTfly, he blew his after his first few mods.

Edit*
I shouldn't say that I haven't blown it. I may have. The CEL came on while the trial was still going on, and so the trial MAY have cause me to blow the DV, like I said though, this is speculation until Monday.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

i didnt get a check engine light when i blew the DV... and if you blew it you would know by the big loss of power.

·
Registered
342 Posts

Also, the BOV sound takes getting used to if you have the DSG; it doesn't blow off on every gear change since the shifting is so quick . . . just so you know.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Thank you very much Klymos.....That is exactly what I was looking for!

That's what posts should be!

Excellent!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

nice site. their turbo charger kit seems to be lacking behind everyone elses though. what parts does it replace?

·
Registered
635 Posts

your welcome 22350 and GTfly think it just changes the turbo adds engine management software and a downpipe w/converter and sport exhaust. also it says those are just the minimum figures not max but your probably talking about internals...right? it also makes the top speed to 169-170

·
Registered
342 Posts

Only the MTM 313 mentions anything about a different turbo.

·
Registered
635 Posts

well for the 113hp think its just the turbo, so add all that other stuff and there you go some bad ass GTI

1 - 20 of 147 Posts