Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car has been running lean lately it seems like. i took it in to vw to see whats up and to get my cel checked out. they said my turbo had to be rebuilt or replaced because there was oil around it and on my o2 sensor. the tech said i also had to replace my vent valve because it was leaking oil as well.

i looked up some stuff and noticed some things about a diverter valve.. my dv acutally sounds like its stuck open while im driving. would this have anything to do with the oil around my turbo? i would rather do something with the dv than rebuild my turbo!

let me know! thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, so this is the dude who i bought my car from.
http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898

do you really think it could be the diverter valve? i hope so! haha

im gonna go to vw again tomorow and talk to the tech and ask him if he thinks it could be the diverter valve

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so it most likely is my turbo thats all jacked up..

and this is probably a stupid question.. but im confused on the difference between the bov and the dv?

i think im starting to just find excuses for my messed turbo lol

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
so it most likely is my turbo thats all jacked up..

and this is probably a stupid question.. but im confused on the difference between the bov and the dv?

i think im starting to just find excuses for my messed turbo lol
Bov and dv are in theory the same thing except

Bov let's boost into atmospher
Dv recirculates (diverts) back into the intake

And it could just be a leaky seal

·
USMC
1,105 Posts
Personally from reviews and talking to friends, I'd stay away from forge..
Oh, and what do you recommend? it's worked really well for me...I drag every weekend and my old DV valve would constantly blow. I bought this, and I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Oh, and what do you recommend? it's worked really well for me...I drag every weekend and my old DV valve would constantly blow. I bought this, and I haven't had a problem since.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with forge, for all I know they could be an amazing company, I've just herd bad things.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bov and dv are in theory the same thing except

Bov let's boost into atmospher
Dv recirculates (diverts) back into the intake

And it could just be a leaky seal
i have to look at mine. i know i have something forge on it, i just do not know exactly what it is. its probably a blow off valve.

from what the dude said he had on it, he said he had a forge spacer and a diverter valve? so what would a forge spacer be? sorry im asking so many damn questions lol my car is just running like complete crap

·
Registered
162 Posts
The spacer is just there for sound. I'm pretty sure you can take it off and still run the DV perfectly fine

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
well just to throw this out there but i have a KO3 turbo for sale if that is what you are needing. there is only about 9,000 mile on it. but if you can get if fixed and do not need a new turbo than that is great. but i will sale mine if need be.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well just to throw this out there but i have a KO3 turbo for sale if that is what you are needing. there is only about 9,000 mile on it. but if you can get if fixed and do not need a new turbo than that is great. but i will sale mine if need be.
aright sweet. i ordered the parts for my vent valve. ill be replacing that next week. and then im going to move to the whole situation with the turbo. so ill definitely let you know on that one

thanks alot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts