Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a quote for a 2-door DSG with Pkg 2 and 18" Huffs. UG.

Dealer sez:

"The car has a MSRP of $27,845.00 and an invoice of $26,359.00. We will sell the car at $26,858.00 ($500.00 over invoice)."

However, Edmunds and KBB say the invoice is $25,951.

This is a difference of $408.

Am I being jerked around?

Thanks!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Many times that really does depend on where you live. Does the Edmunds price have a destination charge listed. If not, that's a likely reason for the disparity.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

There is a destination charge of $640 included in the Edmunds invoice figure.

There is actually a reginal adjustment of -$106 for my area in the TMV figure.

The quote I was given is slightly less than TMV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to another dealer who said that there is a "port prep" costs that add up to around $400. Anyone familiar with this?

I found the following at http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car3.htm

Port Prep Fee or Port Installed Options (PIO)
These are fees for prep or options installed at the port of entry by the manufacturer. For example, Toyota has a Port Installed Option added to the cars once they land in Florida called ToyoGuard, an extremely overpriced rubberized coating sprayed inside your wheel wells to prevent rust. Sometimes this adds up to $600 your Toyota. Some port prep fees might only be $25. VW in Washington D.C. seems to have some PIOs that are unavoidable too.

·
Registered
749 Posts
That makes even more sense than my previous idea. I remember now that my GTI came with like a $900 Desert Protection Package. Kinda gay but all the (new) cars on the lot had it, and it covers a lot of scratches, fading, and sand control, both inside and out. It also has dealer-installed tint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.