Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've noticed that because of the way the car is designed that the top of the rear bumper and the truck get crazy dirty. I figured its down to lack of air flow behind the car when its moving. seems its a dead zone. drives me nuts, because the front of the car can be clean and the back dirty as hell, especially after it rains. I hate using the rear washer too, as it leaves dirty water streaks running down the trunk

ne solutions?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess thats an option....not sure what the legal consequences would be. not sure i wanna drive around w.o a trunk because then the dirt that was getting stuck on the trunk would now enter inside the car, and that would be worse

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did a quick search and couldn't find any science articles explaining the aerodynamics of the hatchback. But if you need a solution, carry a towel and a spraybottle with you and wipe the back down whenever you get out of the car. Any other solution would require transforming the car into something other than flat-backed hatch.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what...u mean transforming it into something like a GLI?

lol, nah thanks i'll keep it a GTI and a hatch.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I just cleaned my fast today and all that dust/pollen/dirt/random poop is really starting to bug me so I am now keeping a towel and a cleaner so that I can just wipe it off it gets bad...good tip scothand O0

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
driving backwards is an idea.....though im not sure bout you but ive only got one reserve gear and my windows are tinted soo its kinda hard to see.

the trunk blender....now really sure if i like that look. seems like the best idea is the bottle of water and rag idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts