My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to find different color emblems for the grille and hatch? The only one I've seen is a carbon one and I'm more or less looking for black.

I'm trying to stay away from sanding the stock ones and painting them. ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been doing this with my GTI's for years: Go to a company that make signs for trucks/cars.
They cut the lettering out of sheets of vinyl.
I get them to put a sheet of vinyl (many colors available) over the lettering and then cut around the letters using an Xacto knife, leaving the vinyl stuck to the top of the letters/emblem.
I've even added a rabbit and had it done.
My United Gray GTI has red lettering to mach the red around the grill.
One other thing: If you want to put "2.0T" with matching font on your GTI, use the 2.0T from the EOS.

·
Registered
139 Posts
AtDIelement said:
Anybody know where to find different color emblems for the grille and hatch? The only one I've seen is a carbon one and I'm more or less looking for black.

I'm trying to stay away from sanding the stock ones and painting them. ;D
I got the 20th AE gti badge on the rear of mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone know the Pantone matching color for the red in the grill and on the breaks? (those emblems would look hot in the same red) :p
Still not sure if I trust myself to do it.
:p

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
V-dub Junglist said:
Anyone know the Pantone matching color for the red in the grill and on the breaks? (those emblems would look hot in the same red) :p
Still not sure if I trust myself to do it.
:p
The brakes?

I'm gonna swing by a friends house and see if he can do the I in red in viny... I could care less what the pantone code is... as long as it's close... you must be a mac user LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
I make movie posters and video game boxes. There's a bodyshop across the street from my office and they said they have a number for a company that will paint the emblems, and I'll post when i get it. Think i'll design something in illustrator and have it run over the rear quarter panels and back to the emblem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts