Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
comin home from deployment soon, been gone since june of last year, so there's some plans up my sleeve to make up for not being around to piss off the Honolulu police dept. for so long. takin out my silverline coils and gettin bagged up and replacing the fried up K03 with a new K04 to go with the giac software i have. i only have a couple minor questions....
what's the price-range of...
-pulling/rolling fenders, shaving the hatch, filling in the hood, smoothing the valences
-decent basic air-bag system
-votex kit?

and...
Blow-off valve
Dump Valve
Diverter Valve

i know this is a thread, not fckin urban outfitters... so help me out here? they all work for the same part, and accomplish the same goal, so these are my questions.
which would be best to have a sexy sound but won't choke out power? i hear a BOV chokes it out a bit, so i'm kinda torn because i have a waste-gate as it is. i'm gonna be honest and just flat out admit i don't know **** yet. i'm currently trying to learn the mechanics of a Bentley Gas Turbine (fml) so as soon as i can ace that then i'll start breakin down this 1.8t ;) just help me out haha, i wanna do great things with this car and i know there's someone out there who can help me out. thanks guys, i appreciate it a lot, and i'm gonna do this one nice :)

also... if there is a good tech manual, a DIY bible, a perfect instruction i can get my hands on to do EVERYTHING, to maintain it, to mod it, to do fckin everythin PLS lemme know what it is and where i can get it. i have more time to read then i do to sit and figure out my own interpretation lol. dont let me fck this car up, i wanna do it perfectly because it's my baby and it's perfect, like i work for fckin euro-tuner or somethin haha.
thanks guys,
chuck

·
Registered
81 Posts
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Yourself-Guide-Please-consult-before-posting***

i've used this many times as a "diy bible" and after searching the bov/dv question myself, im happy with my dv and intake. makes enough sound to be heard from a ways away. some cars will run fine with bov's and some won't they all seem to be different. i'm unfamiliar with the body work you're looking to get so that's all i got for now. also, thank you for your service!

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
haynes or bentley manual for your bible vortex's diy's are cool if you can stand the people, as far as the body work it honestly depends who you know, rolling the fenders can be yours for the price of a heat gun and a louisville slugger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heat gun - check
louisville - check
know-how - not check lol... i know some people tho, probably the same guys who are gonna do the rest of the body work with me, idk if you guys have heard of sts 808 in hawaii. thx!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts