Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone else have their Gti murdered. Mine everyday gets a little less ballsy and more "sophisticated". By who, by the woman in my life. She is the death of us all, but especially my Gti. Now she wants to drive my Gti, constantly. Don't get me wrong she is a good driver and enjoys driving maybe as much as I do. But, each day that goes by something new appears. A few months ago a big stain appeared on the driver seat, I asked "how did this happen". "Oh I spilled my coffee all over my shirt I was wearing and had to go back home and change." Yeah, and ALL over my driver seat as well. Did she TRY to clean it? NO! Not even a dry towel so it was soaking wet as I sat down. A little over a year I've had my Gti and 3 mysterious dents, dings and scratches have appeared on the drivers side door. How you ask? Well, that's what I asked also. Response from her, "Oh, I don't know, maybe some guy at the grocery store hit the door with his door." Riiggghhtt, cause of course it wasn't HER carelessly getting out of the car and BAM right into another car, or worse a cement WALL. Any ways, this is just a RANT, but I know it feels good to get things off your chest, so here it is gentlemen, a place to bare your souls. Let us know what's going on in your Gti.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I only let my G/F drive my GTI, becuase she can fix it if she breaks it. :p Besides, she also has a VW. >:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
;D...I don't know what to tell you dude...w/all that work you've done on it, I would be buying her a nice schwinn or take her to work if she doesn't have the respect for your pride and joy. I realize it's only a car when it comes to material goods....but SERIOUSLY - it's a GTI and a person just has to recognize. The mechanics @ the VW haus sweat when I bring my car in for service cause they know I'm watchin' from time it goes in the bay to when it comes out. ???...of course giving it the walk around before even an oil change lets them know I'm watchin'.... :eek: HaHaHa...it's not that bad...but dude, buy her some new walking shoes if she's going to treat your GTI like that.... ???

·
Registered
139 Posts
I will only let my girlfriend drive if I'm in the car, but she doesn't really ask to drive it much. I will give her credit as a driver, she can whip the thing around pretty good.

The thing I hate is when she leaves trash in the car, mainly used tissues in the passenger door pocket.

And the grossest thing is when I found DRIED SNOT on the side of the passenger side seat base.

STOP WIPING SNOTS ON MY SEATS!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I was taking my girlfriend to my house today for her "lunch" break >:D and she asked for permission to eat in my car.. I felt kinda bad cause i didn't know i was that strict about my car. :( oh well, of course i let her. but it's nice to know that she respects my cleanliness. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
mofo529 said:
I will only let my girlfriend drive if I'm in the car, but she doesn't really ask to drive it much. I will give her credit as a driver, she can whip the thing around pretty good.

The thing I hate is when she leaves trash in the car, mainly used tissues in the passenger door pocket.

And the grossest thing is when I found DRIED SNOT on the side of the passenger side seat base.

STOP WIPING SNOTS ON MY SEATS!!!!!!
She wipes here snot on your car? Really?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dam, at least it is not just me. I won't let my wife drive my car. She has a 06 Quest that looks like it did a few laps at bristol. Every week a new ding appears. It has gottan so bad that I make sure to park more then a doors length away from her at home

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
I was taking my girlfriend to my house today for her "lunch" break >:D and she asked for permission to eat in my car.. I felt kinda bad cause i didn't know i was that strict about my car. :( oh well, of course i let her. but it's nice to know that she respects my cleanliness. :)
Dude...you let her? WTF? I'm kinda let down! LOL!!

In all seriousness, I bought her in December of last year. My wife has driven her once in that time. I did a FULL inspection on the return, (a 2 mile round trip I might add.) I interrogated my 9 year old who was with her and asked her aout 20 pointed questions as well. She has vowed to never drive my car again.

It's all about posturing and hard line rules....treat them like criminals when they look sideways at the car and they will stay clear. O0

BTW....if you all haven't figure it out yet...it's true...I'm an a-hole and I know it.

PORTLAND... My god......a coffee spill would be the end of life as we know it....a dent ....wow, I just don't know how I would handle something of that magnitude. The local PD and a lawyer would probably be involved.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
22350 said:
Dude...you let her? WTF? I'm kinda let down! LOL!!
Haha, young love i suppose. If, or should I say when (cause this is serious now) we get married I think I'll be a little more strict. Haha.

·
Registered
473 Posts
MicMoor77 said:
Wow, you guys have issues and I feel for you. My girl knows better than to disrespect my Fast.
No issue cuz she's my ex but the FAST is still around. ;) Other issues of course caused that but no respect for the ride, no chance to get inside.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts