Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 08 GTI has only one problem, from time to time it will NOT accelerate from a stop light!!! You can push the accelerator down and nothing happens, this lag happens from 1 to 4 sec. and then launches forward. The car now has 2000mi but this has been happening from the first week. My dealer can not find fault for this and Im starting to get a bit tick-off . Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yeah...that's a weird one. My guess...faulty gas pedal probably? Drive by wire, there isn't any throttle cable...perhaps a loose connection?

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Ur Not Stomping on the Gass Are U ....Cuz If U Have Ur ESP on And U Do It Will Stall Kinda So That U Dont Loose Traction ... Also U Are In The Lowest Possible Gear Right? :-\ Other Than That I Dunno What Might Be The Problem .

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sounds like extended turbo lag, if i am in D it does it on mine, but never for more than 1 second ( if that )

I would say there is a definite issue if its 4 seconds, have you turned esp off and tried to launch it? if you rev it to 2500 while holding the brake and just let your foot off the brake, you should squeel the tires instantly...try that and let us know. (first make sure ESP is off and with the brakes on your engine is revving freely)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like extended turbo lag, if i am in D it does it on mine, but never for more than 1 second ( if that )

I would say there is a definite issue if its 4 seconds, have you turned esp off and tried to launch it? if you rev it to 2500 while holding the brake and just let your foot off the brake, you should squeel the tires instantly...try that and let us know. (first make sure ESP is off and with the brakes on your engine is revving freely)
This lag is right off idle , it revs from 800 to 1000 rpm, but still nothing happens.
Im trying it with out the est now, I will let you know soon.

·
Registered
129 Posts

It almost sounds like a problem with launch control. Is your transmission on sport mode? (below D)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've noticed something similar- i'll be going really slow behind someone, then as soon as there is an opening to get over in the next lane, I'll punch it and the engine gets really loud, but the car just continues at the same speed, then lunges forward.

I've got a dif. DV, forge spacer, p-flo, and APR
I was thinking it might've had something to do with the forge spacer, but i dont know... concerning though, so WTF?!

I'll try to replicate or something without ESP.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I've noticed something similar- i'll be going really slow behind someone, then as soon as there is an opening to get over in the next lane, I'll punch it and the engine gets really loud, but the car just continues at the same speed, then lunges forward.

I've got a dif. DV, forge spacer, p-flo, and APR
I was thinking it might've had something to do with the forge spacer, but i dont know... concerning though, so WTF?!

I'll try to replicate or something without ESP.
Racer 18: Is it stock or "chipped"?

Dusty- I had a similar problem, which was fixed by changing some of the map settings w/ the Revo stage II, but it was at speed. Is yours an 08 also? Did it do it w/o the spacer? Partial recirc or full atmospheric?

What I'd suggest to try is get vag-com, do a diag dump and then do some data logging while the problem is replicated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dragon,

Yep... it's an 08. The spacer is set to blow off the highest amount.

I didn't notice the issue until the spacer and intake were installed (they were installed at the same time). I actually noticed it the very first time the night of installation when I was testing out the spacer (going slow, then revving to boost and releasing to make sure it was blowing off... (I have nightmares about duct tape covering exhaust openings, so I'm paranoid))

I'm checking out the vag-com site... is it safe to go with the free version of the software? and where'd you get the cable?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dragon,
when I first posted this I was stock, and now Im chipped, but the lag I was having turned out to be the clutch overload. (see death lag solved) I have changed my driving style and have not had it happen again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.