Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have it chipped or anything, but took it in for my first oil change (3000 mi) and they told my I had a recall on my software, and had to upload new one (for free of course).

Do you think I have launch control now? I didn't before....dont think

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, its funny cuz I JUST tried (12:40am)...and I think I might....

Esp off, brake...S doesnt work, but triptronic lets me rev without knocking the brakes..I got to about 2400rpm, Slammed the gas....and I had a shitload of wheelspin....

Guess i need to read up on LC

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Gti07Md said:
Lol, its funny cuz I JUST tried (12:40am)...and I think I might....

Esp off, brake...S doesnt work, but triptronic lets me rev without knocking the brakes..I got to about 2400rpm, Slammed the gas....and I had a shitload of wheelspin....

Guess i need to read up on LC
The revving when doing the launch control is real smooth and gets up quick. And it won't let it go past 3000. I don't know why it wouldn't work with S....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The revving was ungodly smooth....but only worked with tiptronic, and still spinned...maybe I should practice....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The revving when doing the launch control is real smooth and gets up quick. And it won't let it go past 3000. I don't know why it wouldn't work with S....
[/quote]

Same as mine, i think u have to be in the Sport mode to do those launches. , nd for those who have the LC, DOes anyone have like a slight lag when they launch?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
jodaho said:
what the hell is luanch
Luanch is nothing :)

Launch however, is when you take your car from zero forward speed to shit loads of forward speed. It usually involves heavy use of the pedal furthest to the right. In this thread the drivers have to suffer thru their launch with an automatic transmission.... The computer in their car does their "launching" for them. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Bcruzin said:
jodaho said:
what the hell is luanch

Launch however, is when you take your car from zero forward speed to shit loads of forward speed. It usually involves heavy use of the pedal furthest to the right. In this thread the drivers have to suffer thru their launch with an automatic transmission.... The computer in their car does their "launching" for them. ;)
Yeah, it's not enough for those of us who have DSG to be able to shift faster than humanly possible, now we can launch too. All this means that even though we all have the same car on this forum and unless you're car is modded those of us with DSG can beat a Manual tranny into the ground. [owned] [kiss ass]

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
True, until you try for more than 250 HP through that tranny, because after that I'm told its DSGrenade

Did I hit a nerve there Krypton? All in good fun man

·
Registered
139 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
Bcruzin said:
jodaho said:
what the hell is luanch

Launch however, is when you take your car from zero forward speed to poop loads of forward speed. It usually involves heavy use of the pedal furthest to the right. In this thread the drivers have to suffer thru their launch with an automatic transmission.... The computer in their car does their "launching" for them. ;)
those of us with DSG can beat a Manual tranny into the ground IN A STRAIGHT LINE. [owned] [kiss ass]

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Bcruzin said:
True, until you try for more than 250 HP through that tranny, because after that I'm told its DSGrenade

Did I hit a nerve there Krypton? All in good fun man
Yeah.. I know.

I like to play around I have much respect for the Manual transmission. But speaking of 250+HP What about Dragon? He's running more than that... Oh well, I don't plan on modding that much. Intake, Exhaust, APR chip... what's that like maybe 260HP? if that..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts